205 Watt panels for $2.28 to $2.68 per watt

Started by Windpower, October 26, 2009, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windpower

I bought some Evergreens earlier this year they are very good

http://sunelec.com/
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Squirl

I am looking getting some of those.  I just picked up some up from Harbor Freight at $3 a watt.  Solar panels seem to be dropping in price.  Solar installation prices have gone through the roof with the new tax credits.  Definitely a DIY project. 

How much is shipping on these?

glenn kangiser

I got 4 of them and if you get the right sizes they can go UPS - about 180 from Florida to CA If I recall correctly.

Quote------------------------------------------------------
4 x SUN-130 - 26 7/8" x 58 1/2" 130 Watt Solar Panel $1.98/Watt (SUN-130)  =
$1,029.60
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $1,029.60
United Parcel Service (2 x 77.00lbs) (Ground): $176.04
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $1,205.64

From my invoice -

I went with the smaller ones because they were the cheapest.  That was about half of what I have been paying.  Service was great and they arrived within less than 2 weeks as I recall - I did not install them yet.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

I ordered a 2 'pallets' of 6

IIRC they were sent freight for about $250 (per pallet) FL to Chicago, cheaper if you pick them up at the truck depot, which would not be too big a job for 2 people --they weigh about 40 pounds a piece
and come shipped with some pastic shipping thingies at the corners so they stack nice -- you can just restack them one at a time -- they fit fine in my van with the seats out
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.