20 x 30 1.5 story as plan shows rough in cost?

Started by low277, January 20, 2017, 08:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

low277

I know this is hard to guesstimate but does anyone have rough idea on the material cost for building the 20 x 30 1.5 story as the plan shows.

I do not need any earth, or concrete work numbers just the wood building. Assuming it is on a perimeter foundation/crawl space so wood floor joists and wood subfloor, doors and windows. Basically a completed finished shell.  Some type of 4 x8 panel sheeting for the outside, colored steel roof panels.

Is it possible to get the material for 10,000 dollars?

NW Minnesota

ChugiakTinkerer

I've worked up some materials cost estimates for my as yet unbuilt cabin and the best I could come up with for a 16x28 with half loft is about $15K to dry-in.  If you are zealous about lowering those costs you could look for seconds on Craigslist and auction houses.  With some time and luck you could maybe get that down around $10K, but would likely require you to haul and store your building supplies until you're ready to construct.

if you're just starting the planning process, this cost estimator seems like a good first guess.  It breaks down typical costs for all major phases of construction, so you can see where you can target your efforts to get the biggest savings.

http://legacy.building-cost.net/CornersType.asp
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story