cell tower next door

Started by saltwater redneck, February 13, 2012, 08:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltwater redneck

Has anyone ever lived next to a cell phone/tv tower ? I am looking at a 20 acre parcel that has a tower on the next plot. Does it attract lightning or maybe act as a buffer? Do they howl in winds? I have horses so the lightning thing is my biggest concern. ???

rick91351

Quote from: saltwater redneck on February 13, 2012, 08:16:44 AM
Has anyone ever lived next to a cell phone/tv tower ? I am looking at a 20 acre parcel that has a tower on the next plot. Does it attract lightning or maybe act as a buffer? Do they howl in winds? I have horses so the lightning thing is my biggest concern. ???

As far as horses being lighting rods I have heard the same.  Yet I have been around horses and all types of live stock all my life.  (I'm sixty)  Never seen or of heard of a specific case with horses.  We have a neighbor up at at the ranch that lost a cow and calf in a lighting strike.  Closest cell phone tower is like 30 miles away.  Them being so tall and prone to strikes, they are grounded and engineered for that.  I would think your horses could be safer there.

Most of the discussion on this forum have been on the radiation and the rads that they omit to the surrounding environs. 

example

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=11246.msg147285#msg147285         
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

saltwater redneck

Thanks, that is a good thread.