Swine Flu - North Texas

Started by bayview, April 29, 2009, 08:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

On the news . . . (4/29/2009)

Tarrant County has closed all schools (Ft. Worth)
   Dallas County has closed 7 schools (Dallas and surrounding cities)
   Johnson County has closed all schools in Cleburne, Texas - (7000 students)

My girlfriends brother lives across the Texas border in RioBravo Mexico.  We keep in contact with Skype . . . He says the town is shut down.  Even with no one sick in his area.  (Fear!)  Schools, restaurants, bars are all closed . . .  No one walking the streets, everyone staying close to home.

This may be getting blown out of proportion, but seems like everyone is "getting-on-the-bandwagon".  This is all they talk about on the news and talk radio.

Getting closer to bugging-out!!! (???)  Keeping the gas tank full and options open . . .  ;) 

Google Map - Swine Flu

/

. . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

glenn kangiser

It's a ploy by someone for something - which is it - money -power - citizen abuse? hmm
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Pox Eclipse

Swine flu is another pretext to take your guns away!

ScottA

QuoteSwine flu is another pretext to take your guns away!

Can't have people with guns trying to kill the flu virus. That makes sense.

pagan

The plan is to scare the shit out of millions of people who will then willingly surrender what few rights they have left for Big Brother's protection.

Ernest T. Bass

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

peternap

Now we know why George Bush used the antiseptic hand cleaner after shaking Obamas hand [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

bayview

Our Governor Perry (Texas) was just on the news saying that there has been an over-reaction to the swine flu . . .

But at the same time he has requested 850,000 courses of antiviral medication.   Gov. Perry has issued a disaster declaration for the entire state of Texas allowing the state to implement statewide protective measures associated with the state's response to this public health threat.

Kind of a mixed message!

(Except for the weather, all news coverage here in Dallas/Ft.Worth is swine flu)
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

Perry, like all the other governors, is between a rock and a hard place. They've got to obtain the stockpiles in case things go bad. There'd be hell to pay if he did not order antiviral meds and then they were needed because thing did "go south" in a big way.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

I'm keeping a close eye on this I have 2 daughters that live in the DFW area. Thanks for the updates bayviewps.

peternap

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages. I normally poo poo these scares. I don't know what to think about this one.

It's like the stock market and economy. Hide and watch!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Pox Eclipse

The big question is, how will this help the McCain campaign?

bayview

On the morning news today they have a streaming line on the bottom of the tv screen showing school closing and cancellations.

Here is a partial list of closings . . .

My "fear" is my ability to travel if the government steps in.  I wouldn't want to be stuck in the big city if things got bad.

/