Who designed the house in the 'Alternative House Tour?'

Started by tamsin, June 22, 2008, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamsin

Hi everyone. I've been looking around on the web for a design for my next project here in Thailand. I built a lovely eco friendly house here on Phuket, with the aid of an Australian architect. Everyone has aircon here, and I told him I didn't want it and he came up with this great design with a high vaulted ceiling to let the air flow.
I now want to sell this house and build another in a rural part of the country, and came across this site and clicked on the 'articles of interest' section containing the article titled 'The alternative house tour 2006'. Wow! That house is just what I'm looking for! The roof design at the front is very similar to the house I have, and I love the stilts and different living areas. There was no accompanying text saying who designed it. Anyone know? That house is perfect for my next project and the style would fit in so well here. Thanks for any advice.

John Raabe

The compound house is on Whidbey Island, WA. I remember that it was done by a WA architect but do not have specific information. Those photos were taken a couple of years ago.

I would suggest printing out the images you find interesting and then going over these ideas with your local designer. You will want a new design for your local conditions, codes, building materials, site, etc. at any rate. This way you can likely incorporate many of the ideas you like from this project.
None of us are as smart as all of us.