Image Width Test

Started by MountainDon, May 11, 2011, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

just a test exercise, but anyone may comment with the answer to...  
How much image width can you view on your screen with the normal setting you use, and without any sideways scrolling?

The image is 1200 pixels wide give or take a pixel...

FYI, I see about 1150 (laptop), 1100 (desktop), 910 on K's (older laptop)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

OlJarhead

One notch from 1200 on my laptop (so 1175 or 1150 I guess).

Redoverfarm

astidham

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

apiratelooksat40

Ditto to OlJarhead....I'm just at the edge of the red "X" on the image window.  I can just see the box outlining the right side of 1200.  Laptop - about 4 years old on Windows XP and using Google Chrome.
Last Night....
I Shot 6 Holes in my Freezer
I think I've got Cabin Fever
Somebody Sound the Alarm....

Native_NM

The whole thing with room to spare.  I'm using a 24" HDMI 1080p wide monitor!  ;D ;D
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Don_P

910, Desktop w/ Windows XP and IE7

OlJarhead

Squirl

About 1180 on a Laptop.

muldoon

Older desktop, about 1050

John Raabe

I can see more than 1200 on my Dell 15" "wide-screen" laptop, and more than that on the big desktop monitor.

I recently set the width of the main countryplans.com page to 1040 pixels wide. This is supposedly covering the majority of monitors.

Some of our viewers are having to scroll I expect. How much of a problem is it, I wonder?

You should normally set the video resolution (Rt. click menu on the desktop) to the native resolution of your screen (usually the recommended setting). On my laptop this is 1366 x 768 and 1680 x 1050 on the 22" desktop monitor.
Once that is set, use the Ctrl + or - keys to enlarge or shrink the fonts for best readability.
None of us are as smart as all of us.