What do you do for a living?

Started by wildbil, November 28, 2008, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbil

Hi,

I was just curious...what do you all do for a job or career?

I'm an orderly at a hospital. I'm thankful I have a job right now, but I absolutely hate it. Don't get me wrong, I dont mind taking care of someone who is sick or hurt, but 90% of our healthcare system is flooded with people who take no personal responsibility for their own health or drug seekers.

I'm hoping  a less expensive lifestyle will open new doors for me to explore.
"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

ScottA

Self-employed Plumber / HVAC but I also do odd carpentry jobs, forestry work, fencing etc. About anything so long as it pays.

StinkerBell

I am currently a driver.

My husband is constantly telling me I am driving him to an early grave.

apaknad

hi bil,

dan from jackson area. i worked in a maximum security corrections hospital for the criminally insane(ctr. for forensic psychiatry) and took an early retirement when the governer offered a package i couldn't refuse. 24 yrs. w/criminals was enough. hang in there and keep reachin' for your dream. you have the right ideas and you will adjust them as need be. you never did tell me where you are located or my brain froze and i don't remember.
as far as your family goes, it was their destiny to be born and manifest on the earth at this time. it is an opportunity not a curse in spite of the direction the world seems to be taking and i know they are a blessing to you. if you believe in a higher power than ask for blessing and protection for you and your family and that is all you can do. the forum members will help you all they can. we are a tight knit group in a loose knit country.
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

sparks

I try to help save lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fFoEYiM7lQ

Railroad Signalling.

Slow Motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvNJeoMV2A

There is some really juicy stuff out there.....but you'll have to find it on your own.

I've seen enough of it up close and personal.

Sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

wildbil

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
-Thomas Jefferson

NM_Shooter

I gots a EE parchment and did design work for 18 years.  Now I sell components to other engineers as a rep. 

I would never have guessed that sales would be harder than engineering, but it is.  Circuits are predictable.  People are not, and are subsequently a pain. 

I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up.  Weapons testing would be nice.  Pro fisherman maybe?  Hmmmmm. ???

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

sparks

Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWToJxKYRSc

This is what could happen if you ran around a crossing gate.....getting hit at 25 mph....

at 60 mph or more there would be an explosion...

Mess up your whole day. And others.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

MountainDon

Quote from: NM_Shooter on November 28, 2008, 09:27:26 PM
Circuits are predictable.  People are not, and are subsequently a pain. 

rofl rofl

FWIW, there's a similar thread here. It'll save me the trouble of typing. Nothing much has changed except we work 4 days a week now.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

Saved me some typing too.  I'm back to Structural Steel part time, General Contracting, remodel, plumbing, septic, electric, equipment operating, backhoe, bobcat..nearly anything for a dollar.

I always tell people I'm a prostitute.  I sell my body for money. ::)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.