Wild 5 days on the fires in Washington!

Started by Willy, July 06, 2008, 09:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

Been out on the fires for 5 day now. 4 big ones with 8 miles from home. We got them under control now but I sure hauled a lot of water to them! 16 hour days suck but it comes with the job!! Mark H.

peternap

I was wondering if you were working them Mark. [cool]
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

Good job Mark. Big pat on the back from me. Keep at it.

glenn kangiser

I hope you get rich, Mark.  Make your piece of the pie.

I assumed you would be busy.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

Got to love your job with the price of fuel.  I hope your contract included a fuel adjustment.

Willy

Quote from: Redoverfarm on July 06, 2008, 10:40:26 PM
Got to love your job with the price of fuel.  I hope your contract included a fuel adjustment.
Back home off the fires, there under control now but a couple more have started so I am back on the dispatch list as avaible. I used 154 gals to drive 754 miles on the fires in 7 days. It figures out to around $1.00 per mile and 100 miles a day average. Your never figured in when the prices are going up every week and you have to bid at the begining of the year to be competitive or you don't go out!! But put it this way I did make a years pay driving a school bus in a week on the fires so far. That is why I don't drive the school bus any more!! PS I like the fires way more! Mark

glenn kangiser

I don't know how any driver could stand the kids on the school bus -- after all - I used to ride the bus. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.