I lost a cousin in the storms here.....did everybody else make it OK?

Started by williet, February 07, 2008, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williet

I lost a cousin in the storms here on Tuesday night....We saw the house SPOT today.It was a direct hit on her house...nothing and I mean NOTHING was left....The pieces of her house were carried for 1/4mile and ended up mixed with her neighbors (another cousin) chicken houses....6 new ones destroyed. The folks with the chicken houses lost their house too, but they weren't hurt.

Was anyone from here hurt or was there damage to your places?

glenn kangiser

Sorry to hear that williet.  I haven't heard of other losses yet.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

There were some pretty terrible storms - sorry about losing your cousin. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Williet, sorry to hear about your cousin.  Those were some terrible storms... awfully high death toll.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

williet

Thanks for the kind condolences...

I waswondering if any other members werte hurt or lost their houses. I seem to remember posters who were from the area around Memphis and I know Christina is in the middle north Ga. area. The folks in north east Tn might have had bad weather too......

CWhite

My condolences as well williet.  So sorry to hear about your cousin.
The storm system fell apart before it got to this area in north Georgia this time. 
Glad to hear that you are alright.
Christina

tanya

I am sorry for your loss my thoughts go out to you and all those who are struggling with the aftermath of the storms.  I know several years ago there was some talk of a certain type of weather radio that acted much like a smkoe alarm in the cases of tornados broadcasting emergency info when there were tornados nearby. Has anyone heard as to if this technology has been implented?  I know they were talking about making it mandatory for all mobile homes but I really think if I lived in an area where they had these types of storms I would want them mandatory for all homes.  A lot of people were taken by surprise with this one it seems.  I am particularly concerend with the students at college who were trapped in the dorms and the elderly in their nursing homes.  It seems like an early warning system and a policy of mandatory compliance with emergency procedures might be prudent in the future.  I hope they all get lots of support and help from everywhere too.  
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

Drew

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, Williet.  Our thoughts are with you and your family.