10x32 portable gambrel cabin

Started by jackel440, March 08, 2012, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel440

Time for a little update as I managed to get a little more done here.I trimmed out around the gable end and then got all the cedar siding installed on the end.I need to pick up a piece of 3/4" Z flashing as I am going to run a trim board alomg the bottom of the siding.I will get that probably thursday or friday,and hopefully pick up some metal roofing also.
Anyways here is a few pics for your enjoyment

AdironDoc

A great job you've done by any measure! Thanks for letting us see how it's gone. I remember long before my camp could be considered even half completed, we'd brought in our cots and cookstove, etc. Have you begun to use your place yet?

jackel440

Quote from: AdironDoc on May 16, 2012, 05:09:21 PM
A great job you've done by any measure! Thanks for letting us see how it's gone. I remember long before my camp could be considered even half completed, we'd brought in our cots and cookstove, etc. Have you begun to use your place yet?
No we haven't used it yet.We have our cooking supplies out there and have been cooking on the campfire though.We will be camping in it on memorial day weekend,So we will probably have a few air mattresses in there d*

rugger8

Jackel,

Any update?  The place is looking great.  :) Just wondering, what is the height of your walls and what is the total height of the building?  I have to stay under 12' and so am now looking at a Gambrel roof similar to yours.

Jeff

Huge29

Looks good, thanks for sharing!  By portable, does the height meet transporting guidelines to be able to be moved via freeway?  I guess with a lowboy it would likely be fine, just curious.

sweetfarm

Looks good!  I am thinking of doing something very similar to live in while we finish the real house.  How are you doing on your budget? ???