Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_O

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 05, 2012, 08:01:20 AM
Alberta Clipper passing through this morning.  3-4" of snow and still pouring it down.

That storm came through here last night, leaving the same 3-5". S'posed to be in the 60's Tuesday and Wednesday, I'll send that your way as well
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."

MountainDon

65 F, sunshine, blue sky, almost no wind.... wonderful
Low last night was only 35
Perfect weather for the small concrete stoop I did yesterday in preparation for the new door and thicker wall on the renovation project. Covered the concrete with insulating blankets and left a small light bulb going, just in case it got colder.

56 F at the cabin with a low last night of 24.

Solar is making 823 watts per sq meter :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Rob_O

It's the middle of March and I just mowed my back yard. Looks like Spring has sprung, about a month early

peternap

Saturday night it was around 25 degrees. Sunday, near 70, yesterday 80...It has to be the Government! :-\
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

rick91351

Here we have had very strong winds for several days, clouds built for several days and and now rain.  Snow up at 5500' then this afternoon on up to 6500'.  Hoping the rain and warm weather takes the snow away up there at the ranch.  I need / want to get started in the orchard very soon.     
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

The sky is dirt!
40 mph winds with a 52 mph gust recorded this AM have filled the sky with desert dirt/sand.

I couldn't see our Lowes store from where I make the turn into their parking lot!

Needless to say I am not trying to install foam sheets today.  ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Snow. Snow that turns to slush on the road. It's collecting on ground and grass and starting to stay on the concrete and brick walks and driveway.

Forecast in the mtns was for 3 to 7 last night. But with no snow melter on the weather station the precipitation meter has nothing to report.   :-\

Rob_O

101 degrees Thursday, 105 yesterday and the forecast is for 104 today. Not a good weekend for camping

waggin

Declared defeat and turned on the heat this afternoon when it got down to 62 in the cabin.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. (Red Green)

OlJarhead

LOL!

We have the same problem.  Normally it's between 90-100 this time of year but last time I checked (about 2:30) it was 75!!!!!

Heat wave back east and we're stuck in spring it seems.....very odd for us I'll tell you, very odd!

Redoverfarm

We have been experiencing a lot of thunder storms in the last 3 weeks.  I can remember having maybe a week occassionally off and on through the summer but not repeatedly day after day for this length of time.  Here is a farm about 60 miles from the house that lightning stuck a tree which had 24 cattle huddled underneath. 

MountainDon

We've found a number of dead cattle under trees when moving about the Jemez, the Santa Fe NF. Strangely we've never come across any elk or deer like that. Do they know something or maybe that's just the way our luck runs. ....  sometimes it's the smell that leads us to them.

kenhill

Right now, second coldest July on record for Anchorage, AK.  That is after a cold and record snowfall winter.  Sorry lower 48...

CjAl

we have been hot and very rainy. last year was a record drought, killed millions of trees. this year its near record rain and all the dead trees are falling. i had two 100'+ pine trees fall within fifteen feet of the house right where my wife was sleeping. i knew they were coming down, i had chains on them so they would fall to one side or the other and not right on the house. still scarry.

its 100 and humid this weekend and its my weekend to build on the cabin. good times

rick91351

The hills and mountains here are drying out at an alarming rate.  Weather reports here have become quite boring.  But our summers here get that way.  Temps are in the high 90's - triple digits as of late.  I went out to do some yard work the other day and felt too hot went back inside news said it was 107.         
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

considerations

Highs mid 60's, lows mid 50's.  A surprising amount of cloudiness during the day and coastal fogs in the AM.  Great working weather, but my tomatoes could use more sun.  We had a lot of rain in June, more than normal even for here. No drought in this corner of the country.  I'm feeling pretty lucky, even if I do need a green house for warm weather vegetables. 

rick91351

Considerations you are more than welcome to send you tomatoes to the Boise area.  We are still in the boring high nineties - triple digits daily now.  More like summer I remember as a kid.  No clouds until the thunder booms show up in the afternoons and evenings.  Mostly likely will continue until mid - September.

OlJarhead

I think summer might have started here in earnest but it's much cooler then normal, still.

Up at the cabin Spring held on until July 29th and may yet be hanging on....rain, cool weather...it's awesome :)

Though, I might get worried if summer doesn't show up soon!

rick91351

GRRRR!!!  We are above normal here and really looks a lot like when I was a young'n growing up here.  It does cool off well at night however.  The mountains because the way that the snow chinooked off this year.  The soil did not have a lot of moisture stored.  Grass is in short supply for the livestock and August  into September things will be a tinder box here.

That said I am sure glad you are not catching it there.  However I have seen some very hot weather over your way.  But it makes the Walla Walla Sweet Onions and the Hermiston mellons grow and grow.   [hungry]         

Redoverfarm

If you are in short supply of rain just try making hay it will give you all you want.   >:(

rick91351

Quote from: Redoverfarm on July 31, 2012, 03:01:21 PM
If you are in short supply of rain just try making hay it will give you all you want.   >:(

Quickest way to make it rain is to cut your hay!  ;)  However that will not even work this year or so it seems.

Thanks for the offer - however we have friends in Tulsa and Edmond, Ok and they will take it.  Here in the valley we have irrigation and the reservoirs are in very good shape and will carry over a lot of water.  We should be okay even next year.  But if we go a year after that it will be grim.     

OlJarhead

It's been downright nice here so far :)  80's and 90's (which is COOL for us this time of year).....

Cabin evening temps around 45 and daytime temps in the 80's....honestly, I'm loving it!

Rob_O

Quote from: rick91351 on August 01, 2012, 12:38:24 AM
Quickest way to make it rain is to cut your hay!  ;)  However that will not even work this year or so it seems.

Seems to work here. My neighbor cut his Thursday and we got 1.2 inches over the weekend.

rick91351

Send it this way. 

The ouija boards and crystal balls and even the bass ones say no rain here through September...