My new Darts!

Started by OlJarhead, December 13, 2012, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

OK so this is just a little exciting for me :) 

Some of you may have seen me post that I have a dart website and that I played darts and I thought I'd share this :)

I now have my OWN darts...as in my design!  My flights etc....this is the new Team SEWA Darts made by NODOR.

for those interested the site is sewa-darts.com and I've been running it for about 9 years now :)

Ernest T. Bass

Ooh, that's a spiffy dart! I'm ashamed that I'm not a better player for how many darts I've thrown.. It's a family pass-time, but we're usually playing with an electronic board and plastic tips due to the small house and small family members.. :)

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

OlJarhead

Hey ETB!  Don't be ashamed!  Just enjoy the game!

I played and practiced as much as 6 hours a day (or longer) EVERY DAY for a long time before attaining a high enough level of play to be one of 'those' guys....then later despite being a top player, had to practice 3 hours a day, everyday, in order to compete at the top level in the US.

Darts is one of those games that takes incredible amounts of time and energy to get pinpoint accurate at and who has the time!?  d*

I love the game and no longer try play at the highest levels because I've moved on to other things but I always encourage anyone and everyone I can to enjoy the game -- and to not use electronics if they have kids!  My kids are math wizards :)  Soft tips or hard doesn't matter as long as they have to do the math themselves.....then the little ones because math aces :)

Cheers
Erik

OlJarhead

I should mention (if it's ok) that more can be learned about these darts, me and the game in general on my site (hope it's ok Don/John to post this way)...at sewa-darts.com

Erik

Ernest T. Bass

Yeah, we take the lazy way out with the electronic boards... Our favorite game is cut-throat cricket, and with 4 players it just gets a bit hectic. Do they make real dartboards (cork/leather... whatever they're made of..) that have electronic scoring systems?

6 hours... yeeesh... If I was that good, I wouldn't have anyone to play around here. :)

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

OlJarhead

Quote from: Ernest T. Bass on December 16, 2012, 07:03:52 PM
Yeah, we take the lazy way out with the electronic boards... Our favorite game is cut-throat cricket, and with 4 players it just gets a bit hectic. Do they make real dartboards (cork/leather... whatever they're made of..) that have electronic scoring systems?

6 hours... yeeesh... If I was that good, I wouldn't have anyone to play around here. :)

LOL ya I had to fly to tournaments a lot of the time...

They have steel tip boards (sisal) that score also but they can be spendy. 

OlJarhead

http://tinyurl.com/ppop7w6

WhooHoo!  Now available on Amazon! :D  Pretty excited about that and I hear I might be able to buy more stuff for the tractor soon so I can work even more magic at the cabin :D