14x24 Little House in the sticks

Started by Pa_Kettle, June 21, 2006, 09:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa_Kettle

With the help of the "Plans Support" board here, we've started building our Little House in woods.

Check out:
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/n/i/nibblet/land/

We hope to get it out of the weather before fall and seem to be on track so far.  It'll have a metal roof and probably metal siding with a porch wrapping around two sides.  We plan to power with solar and heat with wood (and sunlight).

Thanks for looking,
PK

glenn-k

Nice pics and progress, PK --- I had to run back to your first post and see that this is South Central Missouri.  Great job.

Jimmy_Cason

That foundation frame looks good and kinda familiar.

Hee Hee.....I like the Patent Pending at the end of the blog!

Pa_Kettle

Thanks for the compliments. :)

QuoteHee Hee.....I like the Patent Pending at the end of the blog!

Yes yes, that's my patented adjustable spare-tire-deck-block beam support kit.  We wanted to be sure we had the beam sitting on something sturdy and adjustable.  With one medium sized male and one small female, we've got to use our heads as much as our backs.

PK

jraabe

Heads do come in handy on a building project  :D - and two are usually better than one.

Nice job on the foundation. And better pics than I was able to get on the original story on the website.

PS - My original photos of the first Little House were taken with my first digital camera, a Sony Mavica that saved images to a 3.5" floppy disk at a maximum of 640x480 resolution.  :) Looks a bit grainy today!

Pa_Kettle

QuoteNice job on the foundation. And better pics than I was able to get on the original story on the website.

Thanks!  I've got a bunch of photos for each stage of the process.  You're welcome to them, once we get the cabin enclosed, to illustrate what to do and what not to do.   :P

PK

jraabe

Thanks PK for that offer of sharing the photos.

I think for now you're doing a great job of keeping your blog updated and we can just paste photos we want to discuss into the forum like this...

:) Patent Pend. - Pa_Kettle :)                      How to do this...

Pa_Kettle

QuoteI think for now you're doing a great job of keeping your blog updated and we can just paste photos we want to discuss into the forum like this...

Ok, but I'd rather not directy link photos from that bellsouth site.  It's free and they will deny me access if they think I'm hosting images on their server or if I go over some bandwidth usage.  I'd rather just post the link to the image in the forum and let people hit the link to view the image.

Or (I think) we can attach images directly to the forum, right?  That'd keep the images around if I move (or redesign) the site.

Pk

glenn-k

We can copy them to Photobucket then they will not leach from your site -- I'll move the above one now.  We can copy your image location -usually with right click the copy only once to Photobucket then you won't lose any bandwidth from there on.

There-- it's done and is now coming from Photobucket. :)

glenn-k

No problem - just checked in once before I had off for work.  You can start a free account there and host photo's there if you want too -- then you can re-find them and they are always around with no problem -- that's why they are there. :)  It also provides the image tags you can just copy and paste directly to this forum - much easier.  Files linked or loaded here directly are one per posting - Photobucket links are about as many as you can fit in your message then they displaydirectly like the one above.

glenn-k

Wow -PK -- looks like someones excited about that new subfloor.

jwv

And american advertising would have you think it takes diamonds or flowers or proposals in Rome-really all it takes is a few sheets of plywood and a guy in a toolbelt!  ;)

Judy

Jimmy_Cason

Pk
This is really funny. I have the same dancing pic at my place!

glenn-k

Wow -- must be something about freshly nailed wood that makes women dance. :-/

Pa_Kettle

QuotePk
This is really funny. I have the same dancing pic at my place!

Hehe, too funny!

Well I can only image what will happen when we get the whole thing closed in...

Pa_Kettle

More progress:
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/n/i/nibblet/land/cabin/floor_2.html

Doesn't look like much more work, but we finished nailing down the sub-floor, all 1,000,000 nails...  and got most of the foundation support done.

On to the walls!

PK

Amanda_931

Cute critter, nice picture, too.

(frog, I guess)

peg_688

QuoteCute critter, nice picture, too.

(frog, I guess)

Looks a lot like one ifin it ain't one  ;D

Nice clean site to Pa , I like that :)

1,000,000 nails ya say :o ::) ;)

Pa_Kettle

QuoteCute critter, nice picture, too.

(frog, I guess)
Yeah, it's a frog.  Its species name is...   wait for it...   green frog. :D

Quote1,000,000 nails ya say :o ::) ;)
Felt like a million nails.  I've figured out I might be using the wrong hammer.  It's 16 oz. general use jobbie.  I'm going to see if I can find a 20+ oz. framing hammer this week.

PK

Pa_Kettle

jraabe

Looking very nice and clean.

Stay cool. It was 48º F this morning when I woke up. Wish I could send some of our NW cool weather to some of you.  ;D

Opps... here comes the sun.

vern38

I'll trade some of that cooler weather for ours, 102 in the shade right now. ;)

Vern