Material List question

Started by RoxyRocks, April 28, 2009, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyRocks

I had a question about the material lists? Am I able to purchase a material list alone and then bring it to Lowes, HD, ect and check prices for all the things I am going to need? What is not on the Materials list?

TIA

John Raabe

The materials lists have been done by a professional take off service. Materials lists come as two two email attachment files - an editable DOC file and PDF.

Many people get the ML first to get an estimate of costs. It includes all the basic shell materials including rough and finish lumber, windows, doors, nails and hardware - roofing, siding, drywall, insulation, paint and trim. Includes materials for pier and beam foundation as well as sill materials for concrete foundations. Does not include concrete materials, rebar, etc. (varies by site). In the 20' 1-1/2 story which I have open now, it has a truss count for ordering as well as a materials count for building your own per the site built truss diagrams. This one also has a breakdown of electrical wire,  outlets, wire nuts, breakers, smoke detectors, etc. It does not have specific kitchen cabinets, plumbing fixtures or appliances but does have materials for such things as shelving and closet rods.

Here are two partial pages from the 6 page ML for the 1-1/2 story:

None of us are as smart as all of us.

RoxyRocks

Thank you so much :) I am going to order the list today or tomorrow then and then. This will be a good starting point I think for us

RoxyRocks

One other quick question....

So once I pay for them they will be e-mailed to me USPS?

John Raabe

These are files that are attached to an email - you print them out at your end.
None of us are as smart as all of us.