Home Accessories - handmade -  built-ins etc.

Started by glenn-k, March 21, 2006, 01:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEG688

This is the last side job project,

a TV entertaimnet center and book shelf to match a fireplace mantel I built 3 or 4 years ago , needs stained and "finished".

When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

Redoverfarm

Pegg Maybe you could mount it on the floor in the summer to pull colder air and then elivate it in the winter to re-circulate the warm air.  Will probably help with the dust circulation as well rather than a fan with the filter in place..

Redoverfarm

glenn kangiser

Beautiful work PEG -- what are the two white pipes on the furnace.  The room looks great.  Caution:  You will be getting Sassy to want more cabinets.

All I've done lately is stack rocks and dirt....hold it ... just a cotton picken minute here.

I did do some cabinet work too, in my shop - with my precision chain saw and my step son moved the junk all out and in to motivate me.

Not as pretty as yours but very organized for me.

Yeah -- I know --- don't quit my day job...  [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Nice work Peg.

Glen that looks as bad as my shop. Ok maybe a little better.

Redoverfarm

Glenn where is the sink. Those look like salvaged base cabinets.

glenn kangiser

Scott - that is just a small corner of it. We can walk through it now.  That is near perfect.

Have you seen any of the tornado towns lately -- that was my shop.  I had another 30x35 that looked as if it was a victim of a hundred year storm.  It is much better now that my step son has made enough room for me to walk through and work on it.

You got it, John - came from our rental.  I didn't know they still made steel cabinets but somehow in 1989 the previous owner found them.

I left the sink for the renters shop but I have another to put somewhere - if I can figure out where.  Currently digging out back to expand -- after the Pool project is complete - its up and slowly filling - still need solar heat - power etc.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

Quote from: Redoverfarm on June 29, 2008, 09:49:59 PM

Pegg Maybe you could mount it on the floor in the summer to pull colder air and then elivate it in the winter to re-circulate the warm air.  Will probably help with the dust circulation as well rather than a fan with the filter in place..

Thats the idea! It's PEG Red no double "G" the other part is 688 , your confusing the 6 for a "G" I think. 

PEG688

Quote from: Redoverfarm on June 29, 2008, 09:52:55 PM

Nice cabinets.  Is that poplar?

Shop Birch  plywood with Alder lumber, poor mans Cherry. Goes with this mantel ,

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on June 29, 2008, 09:57:03 PM

#1: Beautiful work PEG --

#2:  what are the two white pipes on the furnace.

#3:  The room looks great.  Caution:  You will be getting Sassy to want more cabinets.

#4:

Yeah -- I know --- don't quit my day job...  [crz]

#1: Thanks. :)

#2:  One is intake air , one is exhaust.

#3: Thats your problem rofl   rofl Opps  :-[ Sorry  ;)

#4: It works Eh!  ;D

glenn kangiser

You are always so helpful, PEG.  I have a problem with that #3 answer though.

#4 It' only the beginning -- I am still jackhammering out the mountain to have storage space for my wood tools and other misc. things I don't use real often -- yeah - I know -- I could hang my chainsaw from the ceiling.  Actually I have some rather large machine tools to put in the concrete floor area of the shop.

d*

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on June 29, 2008, 11:03:39 PM

#1: You are always so helpful, PEG.

#2:   I have a problem with that #3 answer though.

#1: I try.  :)

#2: Whats that ?  Send money I can fix it!  rofl

glenn kangiser

#2. I would be honored to have your  handiwork in my humble house, PEG, but alas...I am only a lowly working class peasant and cannot afford such fine furniture. d*

Sassy

rofl  If you'd seen that shop before, you'd have thought it was hopeless... 

Your cabinet is precision made, as usual!  The fireplace mantle is beautiful - the cabinet & bookshelf will really look nice. 

Glenn built me some more pantry shelves awhile back & I got to swim in my new pool today - just got back from working in the valley...   :)  It was sooooo nice  8)  and I do rather like all the rock walls... 

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Quote from: PEG688 on June 29, 2008, 10:28:45 PM

#2:  One is intake air , one is exhaust.

That's one of the newer highly efficient furnaces... the exhaust is so cool PVC can be used.  :)  It'll be nice to watch the gas bills come winter.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget myself... very nice cabinets Paul. You've been busy.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

PEG688

Screen doors , 3 different  style's , 4 different sizes .

Main frames made of 5/4 x 12 White oine stair tread stock , the battens are Khaya ,( African Ribbon grained Mahogany) I had left over materials from another job.

considerations

Those screen doors are gorgeous!  I want to be like you when i grow up.

PEG688

MDF mirror frame , home owner is doing the painting so the white puddy filler  (  mounting screws underneath ) will be covered with a Fo (sp) type finish. I did the P.Lam countertop last year.   

glenn kangiser

How did you make the MDF frame PEG?  Carve away the low sections with a shaper or something?

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on July 20, 2008, 11:28:24 AM

How did you make the MDF frame PEG?  Carve away the low sections with a shaper or something?

The upper piece with the cove to it was attached to the arched and side pieces, the inner ogee is also a applied piece so theres really 12 pieces to the basic frame.   

glenn kangiser

Thanks, PEG.  I was wondering how you did that.

Sassy

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

PEG688

Went and installed the TV cab and book shelf unit today.

I have to go back and install the TV and door and drawer pulls, they didn't have them yet.

Odd blue cast to that room, it doesn't seem that blue, at least I didn't notice it on site.     

apaknad

unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

PEG688

Quote from: apaknad on August 03, 2008, 09:59:47 PM

lot of nice work there pegg.

Thank you.

It is a open thread BTW anyone can post thier stuff here. I'm, I guess :-[, just the most prolific poster / builder  ;)