POSTS IN!

Started by OldDog, September 19, 2007, 06:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDog

I finally finished my foundation posts yesterday for my 16 x 36 cabin! ;D

They are 6 x 6 Yella Wood, 4' OC,  36" deep on 8" of concrete & concreted in.

Everything is on square, plumb & dimension.  I don't know how that happened except for 2 weeks of hard work and attention.

It will be nice to start the flooring and not handle any more 6 x 6's!

Pics later

Thanks----Bruce

FrankInWI

That's fantastic.  Congrats on the headway and hard work.  I'm behind here in Wisconsin.  Had to stop to get the only surveyor in town to go over and tell me if I piled the sand high enough to build on!  $500 for "Certification of Elevation".   Fancy name, like the man behind the curtain in Wizard of Oz.

glenn-k

Good on ya, Bruce.   :)

Welcome to the system, Frank.  Sort of a taxation, extortion and protection racket all rolled into one. :-/

OldDog

Floor Joists in place and will start Adventech subfloor today.

We should start the framing on the 29th.  My helpers are only weekenders at their lake camps and only have the weekend to help.

I am still amazed how square, level and plumb my floor is!!!!!!  All the extra steps and checks I did really did pay off.  This has to be the STRAIGHTEST project I have ever done by myself!  A laser transit is the only way to set grade on posts with no helpers.

We're having FUN and looking forward to the finished product! :)

Thanks--Bruce

Jimmy_Cason

Be sure to post the mandatory picture of someone dancing on the sub floor!
Wives seem to love that first milestone! They start to see it might become a house after all! ;D

Homegrown Tomatoes

Congrats on a good start... hope the rest of the process goes that well, too!