Guard rail design.

Started by PEG688, September 26, 2005, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Now you are making me hungry, Mountain Don.  I used to bake a few but that was a long time ago.

glenn-k

Looks like Bob had to split.  Here are his pictures. :)

peg_688

Nice lookin place Bob , Glenn's right once ytou've posted about 10 photos it does get easier , gettin the first one out is the trick . Photo buckets the way to go , I keep wondering when , if ever they will want to charge me , i have 600 plus photos on thier site , Glenn , MTL has more than that .

On that cable rail there are ways to clean up the turnbuckel / loops / connections.

Heres a link : http://www.atlantisrail.com/?gclid=CLLt-bbWq4kCFQTwYAodHCiQPg

http://www.thecableconnection.com/

http://www.rbwagner.com/pages/Rbwagner.html

Not my work just info for all hands .  So ya Bob your not the first  ;D

Now that tree you notched out for on the side of the place , ah my advice would have been to cut that mother down , before it falls down , it's probably some tree planted by long gone Granny Good Person and place everyone remebers sitting under on a hot Okie day sippen lemeonda , but  :o :o its to close , really to close to the building . You a tree hugger Bob  ;D

The place looks really nice , no hand railing on those stairs , yet?? Code maybe ain't a issue  ;)

Nice job Bob  :)

glenn-k

Hey PEG-- I have a tree holding part of my place up. :)

I'm trying to hide under it.

I wonder if trees have to provide engineering specs before they are allowed to grow? :-/

I'll bet if they had any assets and there was a way to tax them they would. :)

peg_688

Spec's nah they don't need no stinkin specs , but they do fall down and crush stuff on occasions.

Heres a near miss ,

Maybe Bob will get lucky like these folks and that tree will miss his place when it snaps in the wind , it would seem unlikely as Bob has pretty much surrounded his with house ;D

But hey what do I know , customers always right  ;)

Sam Maloof  does nice work , that stair is so far from making code that it must have passed , it was and is in his own home and he built it  so maybe thats why it can be OKed / passed , don't know . In this state , Wa. , even owner builders are held to stair code rules , but hey Sam's famous , so that must make it all good in Ca. , rules for the elites do not apply to/ must be different than the mass's , Remember OJ  ::) He got away with murder so hey it's all good , if you got fame .

Reminds me of Wa. state ferry system ,

They seem to be above there own rules for guard railings  >:( ::)

MountainDon

If I was the owner of that blue building I'd be very careful from here on; he's used up all his luck.

Okie_Bob

Glenn, thanks for the tutorial on how to upload pics to this site. You need to post that so everyone can see it, makes more sense to me and I believe I can do it now! Thanks!

Now Peg, I ain't no dang 'tree hugger', want to make that very clear up front! Just so happens I do love trees and they are a lot harder to come by down here than in your little piece of heaven. I figure that tree is good for another 20 years and doubt that I am so there you go! It does provide a heck of a lot of shade for the roof of the house and that is the main reason I kept it.
Also Peg, thanks for the links. Makes me feel bad about the looks of my cable rails. I had no idea anyone else had ever used cable in this application before but, I do wonder how much their material cost compared to what it cost me.

Well, guys, it's Christmas morn here in Tx and we are heading to son's house to watch the grandkids reaction to what Santa brought them this year. Then it's down to the lake to work on the cabin for a week!
See you all after the New Year starts, God willing and the creek don't rise!
Okie Bob
PS: I wish you all a very very Merry Christmas and God bless our troops!

glenn-k

Have a good trip, Bob and fun with the place.

The picture posting Info is in Forum News with other info about using the board.

Here is that link again.   http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1115032671

peg_688

Ain't nuttin wrong with huggin a tree Bob , ya just gotta choose the right one , sort like a wife , ya gotta choose wisely ;)

Merry Christmas to ya , have a good one , nuttin wrong with your cable rails either Bob just wanted to save the next person from reinventing the wheel , or in this case the cable rail system  :)

We'll now be expecting photo updates Bob  ;)