Krugman on Solar and Wind Power

Started by Triathlete, February 01, 2016, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Sparks

Quote from: Triathlete on February 18, 2016, 08:29:47 AM
I've noticed that many of the posts on this thread have turned superficial and juvenile.  Some people don't care about the world, but others do.  Btw, a red herring is further proof of who won the argument.

And since we are off topic, let me share one of my favourites:  Don't suffer fools.

I am sure that I do not care about the world in the same way you do, that I know and it is a fact.
"we go where the power lines don't"

hpinson

This is degenerating.  Suggest we call it a day on this topic.  I will lock this thread if need be.

Stein

Not surprising seeing as half of the people are wrong.  Problem is, no one knows for sure which half that is.

kenhill

I agree protecting the environment is of utmost importance whether it be land, water or atmosphere.  There are so many variables that must go into a model to predict what might happen it boggles the mind.  Energy innovations seem to occur only when there is dire economic driver, an incentive, or a regulation.  Otherwise, we sit back and fail to plan for a crisis until it is too late and upon us.  Lets make progress just incase science is even partially right because it is the right thing to do to protect the environment.

Dave Sparks

Now this is something to worry about after 3 decades in the who cares section. There will be very little man made global warming when this happens. From Coast last night.

"In the first half, Texas businessman, producer, and actor Gary Heavin talked about his new film project, Amerigeddon, which depicts an EMP attack on America from a North Korean satellite. An EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack is the most imminent threat to the US according to two congressional hearings, and North Korea has launched a second satellite that crosses above the US, he cited. An EMP attack could have disastrous consequences, knocking millions off the grid, and leading to massive losses of life. The cost of protecting the grid is around $2 billion (such as proposed by the SHIELD Act), which may seem like a lot of money, but that's how much the US gave to Pakistan last year, he reported.
Because America has not acted, "I believe there is a power in this country that is setting us up by design," Heavin remarked. Teaming up with Mike Norris (Chuck Norris' son) to make the movie Amerigeddon, he hopes to use this entertainment vehicle as a way to wake up the American public to the idea that "the government is not to be trusted; that the government does not have their best interest at heart."
"we go where the power lines don't"