"Wasted" weekend :-)

Started by NM_Shooter, July 06, 2008, 11:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

As far as cabin build goes.  But I wouldn't have traded this weekend for all the tea in China.  I took my whole family up to BLOK Ranch, as they have never been there since we purchased in.  I brought the last load of blocks and gravel in, and Dad's Plan was to dig pier holes.  Well, Dad's Plan went out the window when my kids saw the creek.  I wasn't about to stand there and shovel while everybody else had fun.  So we set my wife up with her art supplies, me and the kids grabbed fishing poles, and we goofed off instead.  It was well worth it.

We stayed in Chama NM overnight on Saturday, and watched the train pull out of the station, then drove up the hill on CO17 towards our property and took pictures of the train as it went along the Cumbres & Toltec line..

On the drive in, my kids wanted to stop and check out some of the new residents.  We saw several real deal cowboys pushing cattle to different pastures on horseback:

You have to sneak up on them...(mom made her wear the orange hat so she could keep a better eye on her, in spite of her objections!)

Success!  Sweet, no matter how big.  They were 5" to 10".  Mostly around 7.

My favorite fishing buddies:

My favorite fishing place:

My youngest caught a dozen on an imitation grasshopper pattern.  My oldest only fished for a few minutes but caught a few on a panther martin. 

I brought home several trophy memories.  My littlest one was glowing the whole day.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

glenn kangiser

That's great, Frank.  I used to go fishing in the Sierra Nevadas south of Yosemite when we lived on that side-- more south of here.  There were mountain meadows with the little streams very much like the one you show.  Great fun catching the little Brookies and we found that the flowers growing around the creek made the best bait.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Beautiful scenery, beautiful family, beautiful memories...   [cool]
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

StinkerBell

Homegrown Tomatoes

Looks like a great way to "waste" time.

MountainDon

Cool Frank. The RR deserves a ride at least once sometime too.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.