Madison County Man evicted from his land for living too simply

Started by Windpower, December 02, 2010, 08:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn B

With all of the other crap going on in the U.S. it's stories like this that infuriate me  >:( the most. The Founding Fathers intended every man to live free on his land, and to be the owner of the land outright. In short a man was supposed to be the king of his land, no matter how he choose to live. Isn't there something these county agents should be doing, besides harassing this man? We worry about the politicians in this Nation taking away our freedoms, but it is the bureaucrat that does the most damage, and closest to home.
"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams

IronPatriotTN

Wow, this is some really stupid BS right there.   >:(

36 acres and people say that camper is an eyesore?!
They would have to pull me off there and jail me.
Now way I would move an inch!

...and after I got out of jail. Right back to my land I would go!  d*

Proud_Poppa

It's things like this which re-enforce my belief that there is NO HOPE for this country. He'll be rounded up and put in some government facility.....just like the Nazi's did with the gypsies and the Jews before and during WW2.

All he wanted was to be left alone......and for some reason "THEY" won't just do that.

It's WAY past time we took some of the power back from our Government.
Near McCormick's Creek State Park, Owen County Indiana

dug

Ndrmyr

This sort of thing MUST be nipped in the bud.  We just can't have people excercising their free will and living self-sufficiently on their own land.  Obviously this poor misquided individual should be herded into a government housing project and supplied with free food and a monthly stipend. This is the sort of contagious nonsense that must be quarantined immediately.  What if millions of people started living within their means, modestly and simply at a sustainable level that they could afford?
Who would buy the cuisinarts and $70,000 kitchens?  What would happen to the innocent and well intentioned Lexus salesperson? Why it could lead to economic collapse. Worse yet, what if these people began to vote and expected their elected government officials to cut spending and act responsibly.  Why....it could lead to a balanced budget.  Obviously no sane person wants this kind of chaotic uncertain future.  Think I'll go to Starbucks, spend $5 on a cup of coffee and hope that this insane movement doesn't catch on.
(note: some of the above comments were made with tongue firmly in cheek, and should not be construed as accurately reflecting the true beliefs of the poster.)
"A society that rewards based on need creates needy citizens. A society that rewards based on ability creates able one."

IronPatriotTN

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13614087

Here is one happening about 40 miles South of me. Guy has now got to move out of his house and sleep in a tent.  >:(
Granted his house has some problems, but the neighborhood he is in, is not Beverly Hills by any means.
Middle of December, and the guy can not even take shelter in his own home.
What is becoming of this country??
*sigh*  :-\

Tickhill

It seems that our governments, local-state-federal, have elevated themselves to  "Master" status, rather than to serve the greater good of the citizens, they now must dictate.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt, Founding Father

"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time