Dave and Kim's 1 1/2 story 20x40 cabin pics

Started by David.DiPietro, February 10, 2009, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmark

David nice cabin,same sq. ft that I want to build. Where did you get the building plans? I'm in process of getting things ready to build. Perfect plans that I'm considering.

Thanks
Capt.Mark

UK4X4

rick91351

First off Welcome   w*

Capt. Mark ---  Glad to have you on board!

Here is a link or two:

http://www.countryplans.com/20w_loft.html

http://www.jshow.com/y2k/listings/50.html

As you can see this forum has a lot of stuff going on, and a bunch of neat people.........and even a grouch or two!   ;D

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

captmark

Thanks Rick glad to be part of the gang...
hope soon i will post pic. of my cabin I will start clearing out brush and setting up for foundation installment in Feb. will post pictures of the beautiful hill country in Leakey TX.
Tight Lines.
Capt. Mark

oifmarine

Look forward to your thread Capt Mark.

Dave-
Excellent job.  This is pretty much how I plan to do mine.  I am probably a year out before starting.

BenB

Quote from: John Raabe on June 04, 2010, 09:11:21 PM
Here's a link to the 20x30 1 1/2 story plan that Dave and Kim extended to 40'. An extra 10' has made everything more spacious.

http://www.countryplans.com/20w_loft.html

Maybe someone can kelp me out - the only version of the 3D I can locate is now Ver. 9
John references the newer versions are not compatible to do plan mods. ??? That remain so or what does one do?
I want to stretch/modify this plan a wee bit more than Dave and Kim and would love to be able to do so.
Thanks and thanks again!

rodneyhalifax

Hi Dave and Kim,

I am absolutely impressed by your cabin in just about every way. I cant believe this, but you have built your cabin exactly the way I have been dreaming mine to be! However, the lot we are considering may not allow us to go 40' long.

This may be a bit personal, but if you dont mind, I am curious what the total build cost was? I am in Canada, so I can assume our cost will be about 35% higher... everything north of the border is more expensive. In all likelyhood, we will build the very minimum (frame, windows, roof) and slowly finish and insulate the interior.

Best,

Rodney
Rodney M
Whitby, ON, Canada
rodneyhalifax@yahoo.ca

Sonny

Can you show a picture of how your porch roof is tied into your cabin?  I am building a 20x32  1 and half story with 12 foot walls and my main home and porch roof do not connect.  Thanks!

tcampbell

Could you post your upstairs floorplan. We are thinking about building the 1.5 story but having troubel figuring out a full upstairs plan.

schiada

Any body home ? LOL

Dave,did you need to meet code ? An problems with the  12' walls ?

Thanks,Randy

biddybug

Hello I ran across your page and was woundering If you have a update prints of your 20 x 40 home and what size loft you put in.

pittstate23

Awesome build! I definitely enjoyed the thread.

David.DiPietro

hi guys have not been on in a long time how are things

Redoverfarm

Quote from: David.DiPietro on December 30, 2016, 11:03:26 PM
hi guys have not been on in a long time how are things

Yes it has been a long time.  I would imagine that you are prepared for a winter on the water with the fire boat.  Take care and keep your feet out of the water.  Look me up when you get in the neighborhood.

Rys

I was just looking at your build tread the other day!
Hope all is well with you and yours.

David.DiPietro

David.DiPietro

Rys

Thanks for sharing your build! We're breaking ground on ours this spring.
I was wondering if there was anything that you'd change if you had it to do over?

TarMetto

This build is such an inspiration for us! Very similar to what we are just starting.
Can you tell me about the exposed beams for the second floor joists? I saw "I joists" over the bedroom, did you just box those in at the kitchen/living area, or
are those solid wood beams in that area?

David.DiPietro

Hi they are solid wood beams  I put them up with just one helper my back still hurts lol

HappyOne

Dave - you gotta provide us with an updated photo of that family of yours. Bet they growing like weeds and filling up the home with "girl" stuff. lol
You are an inspiration for so many of us - thanks for all the photos [cool]

TarMetto

Quote from: HappyOne on January 15, 2017, 10:49:53 PM
Dave - you gotta provide us with an updated photo of that family of yours. Bet they growing like weeds and filling up the home with "girl" stuff. lol
You are an inspiration for so many of us - thanks for all the photos [cool]

Thanks!....what size/species are they?

rickeyleee

Can you post your floor plans.....the earlier link isn't  working.  Thanks