we stayed our first night at the cabin!

Started by astidham, June 21, 2012, 11:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astidham

last night we stayed in the cabin for the first time.
we have been somewhat moving to the cabin for a month or so, as we finish making it livable, but as of Wednesday we had the living room, bedrooms and kitchen moved over. even know we didn't have the water heater hooked up, we decided to stay.
With plenty of stuff at the other house to keep us in the "moving" faze, we woke up, ready to grab another load from the old house.
before we got motivated this morning to leave the cabin, we were called from a neighbor.
the neighbor told us, that our house, and the two houses across the street have Crime Scene tape around them, and that the street is shut off by several police and ambulance.
our neighbor of more than seven years, that has been disabled from a back injury for 20+ years, took a chair, put it under the tree in his front yard, and at around 8am this morning, ended his life with a shotgun.
the crime scene tape around my house and my other neighbors house, was because remnants, made it to my driveway and yard, and the same for the other neighbor.
my wife and daughters wake up and have a morning ritual that includes making it to the front yard.
I have been wondering all day about the timing of this, the morning after we move out...
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

muldoon

If you have bedrooms and kitchen moved, you have moved.  Don't look back now.

Sorry to hear about what transpired at your old place, try to keep in mind that this is a new beginning, and leave the drama of the old place behind you.  Thank goodness your family did not make their morning trip to the front yard to see it.  Count your blessings and move it forward. 

StinkerBell

AdironDoc

Bravo! Hope you took photos to mark that occasion. In fact, I highly recommend adding them to a cabin journal where you and family can jot a few words about their impressions. Years from now and many entries later, it will be a treasure. Best wishes and much happines!

Live well,
Doc

Pine Cone

Sad circumstances for your first cabin night, but maybe you were hearing that little voice telling you that it might be better to stay out at the cabin rather than going home.

In any case, congratulations on almost being done!

Sassy

Hope all is well & congratulations on your 1st night! 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

astidham

Quote from: AdironDoc on June 27, 2012, 08:30:02 AM
Bravo! Hope you took photos to mark that occasion. In fact, I highly recommend adding them to a cabin journal where you and family can jot a few words about their impressions. Years from now and many entries later, it will be a treasure. Best wishes and much happines!

Live well,
Doc
thats a great Idea!

Thank you!
— Henry Ford

AdironDoc

Hope you've settled in and that bit of sadness is behind you. Happens in cities...happens in the country. What can you do but wash bad news away with family, love and laughter. Here's to a lifetime of what's important.

Cheers,
Doc

astidham

Quote from: AdironDoc on July 05, 2012, 03:57:59 PM
Hope you've settled in and that bit of sadness is behind you. Happens in cities...happens in the country. What can you do but wash bad news away with family, love and laughter. Here's to a lifetime of what's important.

Cheers,
Doc
Thanks Doc,
everything is going great!
I need to post some new updated pictures, but the Wife and I have been busy trying to get our house in town ready to sell.
as far as the sadness, I think the funeral really helped settle the dust. having people reminisce about the good things, and good times with a person, helped change the final memory.
— Henry Ford