updated cabin pictures

Started by fastpoke, November 19, 2011, 11:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastpoke

Here is some recent pictures of our cabin we have been building near Golden, BC. I did not get as much time this summer as I would have liked to, but some projects got completed. I will concentrate on working on the inside this winter, stiil need to complete the bathroom, back bedroom, and kitchen.

Not sure if I did this right, if not here is a link to the pictures. https://s1125.photobucket.com/upload/albums/fastpoke/?location=Cabin+November+2011

IMGP0208.jpg
IMGP0210.jpg
IMGP0214.jpg
IMGP0475.jpg
IMGP0509.jpg
IMGP0510.jpg
IMGP0511.jpg
IMGP0512.jpg

Fastpoke

Redoverfarm

Looks like you found some "witches hat" snow guard up north also.  Looks the same as I used on mine.  BTW I have a table which is exactly like the one you have pictured.

fastpoke

The snow last year trashed them. I'm most likely going to remove them and just let the snow slide off. It was on my todo list but never got to it this summer.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: fastpoke on November 19, 2011, 12:25:45 PM
The snow last year trashed them. I'm most likely going to remove them and just let the snow slide off. It was on my todo list but never got to it this summer.

I hate to hear that.  Did you attach them at every rib top & bottom?  I guess I will just have to wait and see how mine do.

fastpoke

they were attached properly, it could have been the heaviest snow fall in 30 years that had something to do with it.

John Raabe

None of us are as smart as all of us.

duncanshannon

looking great!  is this the first post on the forum or is there another somewhere that covers your build?

i like the large windows with all that glass! is there a story there?

where did you get the loft railing? i like it.

keep coming back and tell us about your progress!
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

fastpoke

Not much of story, i posted some pics about a year ago. Search my name and it should come up. All glass and windows were given to me. I own a fabrication business in Calgary AB, and have done all the steel work.
I designed the building to suite the windows. This has allowed me to keep costs low. So far, with the help of friends and family, i've got about 20g into this place. We don't have power or water yet, but there is a well close to the cabin. I think we'll be going solar for our power needs as we don't realy need  much, just to run some fans to keep the place at an even temp.

fastpoke

John,

What kind of heaters are those you have? Do they run on propane?

Redoverfarm

Quote from: fastpoke on November 19, 2011, 05:34:37 PM
John,

What kind of heaters are those you have? Do they run on propane?

Who me?  ???

fastpoke

Sorry I thought your name was John

Redoverfarm

Quote from: fastpoke on November 20, 2011, 12:21:59 PM
Sorry I thought your name was John

It is.  But I was unsure whether you were talking to me or the administrator of the site.