For Sale: 2.89 Acres w/672 sq. ft. Cabin in East TN.

Started by tenn, February 26, 2010, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenn

Hello,
    I built this cabin based on Country Plans design "Big Enchilada Kit". I was pretty excited when i came across this site several years ago. I read all the forums but have never posted anything. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge building myself. So, if any of you are thinking about doing it feel free to ask me questions. I love this little house and enjoyed building it and living there. We even lived in the house after it was built without running water until we saved the money to put in a well and septic. I also convinced my wife to use the Lovable Lou composting toilet system. All this with a newborn!  We have great memories. It was a very (for lack of better word) natural experience. We have had to move to a different state for work and need to sell. The cabin is not turn key finished. Ex. Exterior Siding, flooring, some trim needs to be finished.
$87,000 O.B.O. purchase price. No Owner Financing or Rent-to-own
More info...
            15 min from Kroger in Seymour      
            30 min from Sevierville, Tennessee
            30 min from Great Smokey Mountains in Townsend
When I was looking for land 3yrs. ago, this was the most beautiful area of Sevier co.
Great Mature Neighbors (the street dead-ends into Chilhowie Mountain, very quiet)
2.89 acres
Smokey Mountain Park-like atmosphere (ex. local boulders used in landscaping)
A wet weather creek that flows next to our house with additional all-weather creek next to the main road

I lovingly built our 672 square ft. cabin. It is 2 stories (336 X 2).  Two bedrooms upstairs, one that leads to the other.  Kitchen has cabinets, open shelving for dishes, efficiency stove, refrigerator, sink.  Bathroom with stand-up shower, commode, and sink.  Large windows downstairs to let in lots of light.  Track lighting in living room and dimmers throughout the house.  Everything is small, but well-built and efficient.  We built to afford when my wife was expecting our daughter and it has been just right.  Utilities usually run $90 during peak months and 60 on off.  

There are still items i'm working on as time and money allow. Also being a new parent doesn't help. Some trim upstairs, nicer stair treads and banister, wood flooring, finish-up exterior siding and trim.
Here is a website I created for the house.
[url]http://sites.google.com/site/millstonegap/

Let us know if you are interested in further details.
waynea8791@hotmail.com  
Thanks.