Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

22 F last night. 33 F right now.  Forecast says we'll be lucky to get over 35 F.  Snow coming, maybe a few inches. Back to 22 F tonight.

@ cabin last night it dropped to 10 F according to the remote thermometer. Now 20 F. 2 - 7 inches of snow forecast
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Light snow presently and 29 F   :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

azgreg

Cool (currently 53° @ 2:40 PM) and windy here in Phoenix today.

MushCreek

Still very warm here in SC. 75 yesterday, and it plummeted to 67 this morning- about 35 degrees above average. We haven't had our heat on yet this season.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

MountainDon

The SE portion of NM has most all the highways closed due to snow. We have about 6 inches on the ground here at home. I guess that is why I moved the snow shovel inside yesterday.  :)  23 F overnight; 24 F right now.

Adam Roby

We are in our first storm of the year now, calling for up to 16 inches of snow.  Pretty much a white out right now, 14'F with a "feels like" of 0.
I guess we are paying for the warm/green Christmas Eve.

"Moisture recharge..." we had non stop rain for a couple of weeks right up to Christmas.  I hadn't seen that much rain in many years, had it been cold enough we would have likely had a few feet of snow by now. 

kenhill

Near 40 degrees in the day and no snow in Anchorage, ak.  Had Ice storm New Years day.  Lots of warm wind here for 2 weeks...

rick91351

Couple feet of snow

Then bone chilling cold......  One of the one cabins or homes over in the village.....

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

I guess it is time to pay the piper.  Too nice too long.  3" of new snow yesterday and temperatures dropped last night to 5F.  High the next 3 days is in the mid 30'sF.  I guess you can say that it officially started winter.

rick91351

We are now from sub zero to January thaw....  and gray rainy days....  Weather pattern shifted and bringing up warm moist air from California.....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

azgreg

Cool (high in the high 50's) and awfully wet all week here in Phoenix. I like it.  :)

Adam Roby

-15 degrees F yesterday, calling for 37 this weekend.  Some weird stuff going on...

flyingvan

We decided to skip the planned trip to Big Bear because of traffic alerts and weather (turned out to be wise....the half of the gang that went spent 12 hours in the car round trip for 4 hours of crummy snowboarding) so we just hosted them here.  Probably the best snowboarding in San Diego
Find what you love and let it kill you.

MountainDon

Wow!  I don't normally connect San Diego with snow.

Danfish

California snow pack now 110 percent of normal...resorts happy...travelers not so much!

Redoverfarm

In Case they are right.  Right where the pink & brown meet.   Either way it is still cold.  High of 12F today.

Adam Roby

February 1st today, and it's 8 degrees C outside (46 degrees F).
They said last year was the coldest February we had on record for the past 100 years.
This year we are reaching record heat during the same period.

El Nino, global warming, aliens, natural cycles... whatever it is, I am going to enjoy the warmth and deal with the aftermath when it comes.  :)

Don_P

Same here, we awoke to 51F and a heavy fog. The driveway melted enough for the Honda to complete its 180 and head down. Luckily it made it to the house the one day I really wanted it up there. We had orders for about 80 lbs of taters Friday, I hadn't looked forward to hauling them down. We turned to rain today a little after noon. I had just pushed the truck outside to drop the tank. I was underneath thinking "this isn't too bad" when the chickens decided, hey it looks pretty nice under there and we can really help make that creeper slide good  ::)

Adam Roby

Darn chilly here today, wind chill at -38!!   :o

rick91351

Quote from: Adam Roby on February 13, 2016, 10:11:30 AM
Darn chilly here today, wind chill at -38!!   :o

Figuring it in my head you are pretty close there to the C=F so I will agree Darn Chilly  ;)

Our snow is starting collapse here we have some south facing slopes starting to bare off.  Hardly froze last night - rain showers predicted.....   

Adam Roby

Yeah, we are actually at -39 degrees C right now, calling for a dip to -46 C, not much difference in F... even the dog doesn't want to linger out there for longer than absolutely needed.

Funny winter, we go from record heat to record cold in a matter of days, almost 50 degree C swing in just a week's time...

Redoverfarm

Wind, Wind and more wind whipping around the recent dusting of snow.  6F this morning and the chill is -16F.  Has warmed up for the high predicted today at 20F.  I guess it goes down hill from here.

MountainDon

30 F last night. 65 F right now.

;D

rick91351

Quote from: MountainDon on February 13, 2016, 01:49:42 PM
30 F last night. 65 F right now.

;D

LOL - Ya but you live where the cactus grows.......

trish2

We want cold, wet weather. I'm in Sourthern California, a hour outside L.A.  Had 83+ degree weather this week and forecast for warmer a couple of days next week and dry.  Where is the El Nino everyone promised?  So far no rain in Feb, which is the month we are suppose to get the most rain; 3-4 inches usually.  I so-o-o want some cold wet weather that keeps us indoors for a few days.  It gives you a chance to reset.  All this sun makes you feel guilty for not being outdoors doing something.