Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Extend the congrats to Harlo... hpinson.  He's the IT man!
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Another wonderful day in the neighborhood.  Just a reminder that Mother Nature is not finished with winter.  23F and snowing.  Accumulation thusfar from about 5:00AM is between 6-8".  Prediction is 8-12".  Suppose to be a fast moving front and be out of the area by afternnoon. 

Don_P

We got maybe a couple inches, quite a change from yesterday I was turning wrenches on the market truck in 62 degree weather. Me and a honey bee were thinking about spring.

MountainDon

Here in the city we had some rain and lots of wind. But looking north we can see that Redondo Peak is all white ans so far a day of sun it is still white.   :)  We'll see how many days it takes for it to stay snow covered. It gets direct south sunshine. Hopefully it will last a week or more..
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

WOW we are getting hammered by rain.  The frost is leaving in the ground and the water seems to be actually being absorbed rather than being so frozen it just runs off.    [cool] We picked up a little under an inch today.  The high mountains are accumulating some much needed snow.  We had a high of 43 degrees here at the homestead 40 over at the Snotel sight.  It is reported that we are like 97% of normal.........   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

After yesterday's little storm front we ended up with nearly 8" of new snow.  The temperature this morning a little before daybreak was 0F.  The ground here although a tad soft on the surface during the day is actually frozen just below the surface.  The road to the cabin is starting to get soft or at least was until yesterday. d* 

Well I guess you could say that March did come in like a lion so it will go out like a lamb.  ???

rick91351

59 degrees here today.  Opened up the windows and did some much needed spring cleaning in the Big Tin Cabin (the fifth wheel).   Barometer is falling like a rock however and we are to get sprinkles tonight - high winds tomorrow and a whole whopping inch of snow tomorrow.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

Well between 6-8" of snow fell since yesterday evening.   Still snowing. Temperature 25F and predictiion is 11-14" .  Just hope they are off a little.  This week we were actually seeing bare ground.   Oh well I guess summer will get here eventiually.   ;)

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Redoverfarm on March 17, 2014, 05:34:38 AM
Well between 6-8" of snow fell since yesterday evening.   Still snowing. Temperature 25F and predictiion is 11-14" .  Just hope they are off a little.  This week we were actually seeing bare ground.   Oh well I guess summer will get here eventiually.   ;)

Thank goodness their prediction fell short.  The snow flurries tapered off early AM and we were left with 8".  Good news is that it's suppose to warm up to the mid 50's for a few days after Thursday.

Don_P

QuoteGood news is that it's suppose to warm up to the mid 50's for a few days after Thursday.
I'll take it  :) We just got about 1/4" of clear ice coating everything out of this one. It was treacherous this morning so I bailed on the mining operations and spent the day making a fertilizer calc for the farmers market and finding a new starter for the tractor... I scooped a handfull of the old one out of the bellhousing... hope the flywheel survived, I really don't want to split the tractor.

MountainDon

astidham

nice and mild tomorrow...... 86 degrees, good building weather! :)
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

Adam Roby

57 degrees this morning, it is almost June for crying out loud!   d*

astidham

nice and warm tomorrow, get some roof work done......
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

Redoverfarm

I guess we are playing catch-up with the rest of the east.  Yesterday a low of 1F and high of 12F w/2" of snow.  Today low of 6F and will be lucky to hit yesterdays highs.  Presently 2" of the predicted 3-5" today and bracing for 8-12" of snow tonight and into tomorrow.  But we can't complain we have been spared from the Northeast's 6' of snowfall.  On the bright side Spring is just around the corner. ;)

MountainDon

I was thinking of you when I saw the last weather map.   Take care

rick91351

Very weird here.  We have lost all our snow.  Highs have been mid 40's.  We should be sitting in at least 2 ft of snow and about freezing or below.  Took the plow off the four wheeler thinking that would cause it to start snowing again.  Nope....   :D   

sparks

Cold here tonight.......

-11 deg F at the moment........actual air temp

I don't believe it's global warming in a reverse flux state.......just some strange thing called winter.....

As long as I can remember it gets cold in winter here........sometimes worse than others.......what the hell is the big deal ??

sparks

PS.....I'm in NW Illinois
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Adam Roby

'Bout -10F up here in Montreal today.  Been much colder than past years, not necessarily in temperature but in stretches of cold spells.  Normally we'd get a -40 for a day or two then warm back up and it snows.  Since Christmas is has been constantly in the minus double digits without much of a break.

Didn't that groundhog bite the mayor?  It must be that, not global warming.  Anytime spring is right around the corner, its normal for everyone to get antsy about winter being done with.   

MountainDon

We got snow here in NM. About 6 inches in our yard here at home. Up near the cabin friends tell us they have a foot in the past 30 hours.  We need it for the moisture content.  :)   22F here at home; 16 F in the Jemez

Redoverfarm

Well last weekend we ended up with 16" on top of the 7 " we had already and then another 2" on Thursday.  So in essence we ended up with some 24-25" of snow.  Running out of places to push it to.  The driveway keeps getting narrower and narrower.  With the temperatures not getting above 20F since it is not melting anytime soon.  This morning it was 1F.  So ready for Spring which is suppose to be here shortly. :)

Adam Roby

10 C here in Montreal... daing cold for May 12th!

UK4X4

Come now global warming.....that's old hat

The new cool word is climate change....

Which means some places get warmer, some become deserts and some become tropical......oh and others will just stay snowy all year !

I'm no greeny but the 20th century must be playing havoc with nature and atmosphere in so many ways that we may not have even noticed yet. ...and some that have ...montsanto

I want my food ugly with warts and natural bug holes. which come from a farm who still uses natural fertilizer and crop rotation with livestock........not genetically engineered to provide them more profits and look pretty on the shelves

I enjoy sci-fi and worryingly I see a lot of books and films based on what will probably be our children's future.

Our generation has made the big advances in history..........the planet has suffered alongside our health and obesity through packet and convenience foods that we were simply not designed to eat.

And meanwhile back to the weather

MountainDon

:)  agreed....  65 F and partly cloudy.  20% chance precip,  19 mph SSE, gusts to 27.... typical spring more or less.  Thunderstorms tonight, 90% chance they say. 

Gary O

You know it's cold outside

When you got outside

And it's cold
I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson