BIG dog!!

Started by MountainDon, April 26, 2007, 12:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

This has absolutely nothing to do with Small Homes, especially considering the size of the dog. (try living with him in a 200 sq. ft. house!  ::) ) I hope he has a good disposition. Not sure I'd want to be on clean up detail either.  :-/

Hercules is an English Mastiff. And has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds. With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the Three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's Standard 200lb. limit.

Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that  Hercules weight is natural and not induced by a bizarre diet: "I fed him normal food and he just grew".... And grew. And grew. And grew.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

Had to look this dog up to get an idea of size:

This from: http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/english_mastiffs.htm
None of us are as smart as all of us.

glenn kangiser

Not sure , John but I think that is MountainDon.  Last time I saw his picture his face was green though. :-/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I only look like that after talking with an inspector or zoning official.  ::)

I'm only green on St.Patrick's and in small boats on rough water.  :'(

Hold your breath. For Halloween I turn into a pumpkin.  ;D

That Gentle Giants is a cool website; good people, good program too. I think I may have mentioned before that we take in puppies for Watermelon Ranch, a local animal rescue organization. Never had anything close to those giants tho'.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John_C

My neighbor has one of those.  He is, indeed, a mild tempered beast.  My daughter wants one, but I doubt they'd let her keep it in her dorm room.  

MountainDon

Every time I look at that picture of "Mugzy" looking out the car window I think "must remember to order the HD suspension option". Or maybe opt for a Dodge Ram.  :)

John_C

Don't forget to order the   Slobber Guardâ„¢  upholstery upgrade.  :P

Amanda_931

You have to get the "slobber grade" upholstery upgrade for bloodhounds and some of the coonhounds.  I get occasional visits from "the boys" a pair of black and tan puppies who sling slobber, and have absolutely lovely long velvet ears, although my old blue-tick wasn't bad (although at one stage, I think that blue-ticks had some airdale mixed in with them).

Sassy

We had a huge black & white Great Dane named Hoss - he thought he was a lap dog - really sweet but could scare someone who didn't know him with his booming bark  :o
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

fourx

Arn't they great dogs, Sassy?- more like people than dogs.
We had a brindle, and she was a fantastic dog in every way.
"Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end."
- Igor Stravinsky

Sassy

Yeh, I think Hoss was my favorite dog - I was so sad when he died.  My niece has a brindle.  They are very protective & such characters  ;D