chickens

Started by StinkerBell, March 30, 2007, 02:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

I enjoy some educational stuff if I don't ever have to see a commercial.  I will many times turn the radio off if an idiot does a commercial on it.  They are written and performed for the 95% of the masses who will tolerate that kind of crap.

The stupider the commercial the quicker I turn it off.  I only go for intelligent humor ::)

OK - so now I'm a hypocrite.  :-/

benevolance

I tend to listen to tapes in the car I make up...

I sued to get creative when I was younger and orate Shakespeare or Frost and listen to it in the car....So that every nuance of it would be ingrained in my mind....And then while I was at work I could think about the poems

Now I just make up some musical tapes and chuck them in.... I miss the creative me...But I am old and lazy now....

I had wanted to tackle a massive project and listen to it in the car for a while and see if it became part of me forever....Something like the complete works of Homer or Dickens

Maybe when I retire... I had a professor that in University told me a young man needed to read a great piece of writing at least twice...Once in the passion of our youth and in the wisdom of our golden years...I dunno...I am sort of in limbo now....Not exactly a geezer...But no longer young.

I promised my wife I would read more when we have kids...That we would unhook the cable and read to our kids every night....I tell my wife our kids will hate us.... what with us not allowing them to watch TV or have cell phones... Nightly reading for entertainment. I am sure they will think we live in the dark ages.... Maybe I should make a cat o nine tails ;)

I tell my wife all the time that saving our children from being brainwashed clones we just might save ourselves as well.

But I remember of all the trouble I got into in school...It mostly was for speaking out when the teacher would spew out some brainwashed garbage...And I would stand up and tell them why that was not true....And promptly get sent to the office and eventually home ;D

In my experience it has never been acceptable in society to think for yourself. They want to tell you what to believe and think....and they want you trained to listen so you will know what to believe also...

best part about this place...we are all the non conforming type...We must have the clone resistance gene

another 20 years and they will figure out a way to slip something in the drinking water to kill that off too... :-/

MountainDon

QuoteSpeaking of TV I'm watching Discovery channel right now , a new series called Planet Earth. Worth the watching IMO.
I heard about that program and saw a few segments from that series. The camera work makes use of a gimbel mounted camera with amazing long range capabilities on a helicopter.

As a non-subscriber to either cable or satellite TV  :o  I thought I was going to have to go without. [Yes, that's right; If I stand on my roof I can't see another over-the-air antenna anywhere.]  :-/ However I found the multidisc (5) set at Amazon for 55.99  It's a preorder shipping later this month.  :)http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Complete-David-Attenborough/dp/B000MR9D5E/ref=pd_sim_b_1/102-6439005-6776913

I don't have chickens either, except for a couple in the freezer.   :-?

Amanda_931

I had a guy working for me a couple of years ago who was a convert to Catholicism--took it all very very seriously.

And carried a St Patrick's medal to fend off all the black and garter snakes we have around here.

::)

Speaking of April Fool's--did everybody see the new broadband service Google is offering--it's free--including the hardware!

And even if the pictures of mother and child sitting by the toilet enjoying their new broadband were for real, it wouldn't be for me.   :'(

From somewhere on the site:

QuoteActual speeds will vary, depending on network traffic and sewer line conditions. Users with low-flow toilets may simultaneously experience a saving-the-environment glow and slower-data-speed blues.

http://www.google.com/tisp/

glenn-k

If I clog the bowel will my data backup? :-/

This could possibly prevent loss of data. :)

Amanda_931

That was dreadful, Glenn   :-[ >:(

Dreadful enough that it got flushed (er....sent widely--that's no better)   ;)

glenn-k

At least you got it, Amanda.  I had to explain it to Sassy, but she said she was sleepy. :-?

glenn-k

a new revelation -- a typo  --- I meant bowl instead of bowel.  Ouch.  I'm groaning here.  Wincing in pain.  :-[ This could take a while to clear out. :-/