Laptop Lock

Started by MountainDon, January 30, 2007, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

You may be interested in this. Or Not.   :-/
http://www.thelaptoplock.com/

This works on any computer with internet access, not just laptops. In brief, it 's software you d/l and install and if the computer is stolen/lost you can go to this website and see from where it last connected to the internet. You can also remotely cause the deletion selected files/folders from the computer the next time it logs onto the internet. Plus a few other things. It sounded like a useful tool, but then my paranoia kicked in and I've decided I don't like it. For several different reasons... one being what a mess might be generated is some nutso hacker burrowed his way into their system and caused the delete command to be applied?   :o And the black helicopters; why make it easier for them?   :-X

You make your own choice.  :-?

glenn-k

No matter what, the black helicopters can turn on your Mic on your laptop or cell phone and listen to anything that is within range of it.  

MS Vista had collaboration with the NSA so you can bet there are extra back doors built into it.

http://www.windowsvistaweblog.com/2007/01/12/windows-vista-nsa-concerns/

QuoteMicrosoft confirmed that NSA (National Security Agency) sent a red and blue team to review and work on the security features of Windows Vista. The read team provided the attacks while the blue team worked on Vista configurations.

Microsoft also confirmed that NSA helped them in previous versions — XP and 2000. The agency says that Windows Vista is a matter of National Security and their involvment protects their cause.

MountainDon

QuoteNo matter what, the black helicopters can turn on your Mic on your laptop or cell phone and listen to anything that is within range of it.  
No mic on the laptop and so far I manage to live without a cell phone.   :o
"Dark Ages Don"

...and I won't touch Vista unless I absolutely have to.

glenn-k

I am an advanced troglodyte, but I am aware that they are watching.  I hope to be a martyr. :D