All right -- nursie -- go ahead --make my day.

Started by glenn kangiser, September 11, 2006, 12:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

A tribute to our CountryPlans nurses--- Hooray for Susan

They have what it takes. :) :-/  Hopefully for building or things other than this-----

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/08/nurse.intruder.ap/index.html
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Miedrn

;D  Had to laugh at the title of the post!

Honestly, I'm not sure I could have KILLED him though. I may have given him a few choice blows. Just goes to show ya, we never know what we're capable of.

glenn kangiser

Maybe us guys should start living in fear? :-/

Oh yeah -- most of us aren't intruders. :)

I think he got what he deserved - saved lots of lawyer and trial fees.  Nurses rule. :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

260 pounds....

That is a lot of woman to love :o....I wonder about killing him...As he would easily be out cold incapacitated long before she killed him.....

I know emotions run high and all...But she stayed there until he was dead and then went next door to call 911....Why bother to go next door when he was dead...

She is a nurse so there is no way you can argue that she did not know the dude was dead....I think they can check a pulse.

Her medical know how should be viewed as a weapon...Much like a boxer who gets into a fight out of the rings has his hands treated as deadly weapons.

Yes the piece of garbage got what he deserved...But if she had a gun and shot him 10 times it would be seen as excessive force...Or had she stabbed him with a knife 30 times in the throat....

It is not a 2 minute thing to kill someone... it takes 5 minutes with no Oxygen to the brain for brain damage to occur....This guy was out cold lifeless and she was still holding onto his throat making sure he was dead....

Defending your home and making sure you take the extra time to kill someone are 2 different things....

glenn kangiser

You are much too nice a guy, Peter.  :-/  You were teasing me about being a softie for animals.  The animals don't know better.  This guy did.  She probably had an adrenaline rush and was afraid to let loose considering the situation.

She was off duty and had no responsibility to make sure the guy was alive - that would be practicing medicine without a license.  No doctor present there you know. :)  He may have overpowered her if she let him up.  I say don't let loose Susan - if you can live with it , choke the life out of the slimeball.  He was armed with a hammer and very well could have used it on her.  I consider an unknown adversary a killer - if he makes a move to attack me I consider that he means to kill me and act accordingly.

If more people would do things like this there would be many less scumbags in the world preying on women or even men.  

A police officer once told me if attacked shoot to kill --- not wound --and ge said if the guy attacked you on the porch make sure he got inside the house.  He said if he is wounded and recovers the criminal can sue you.  Our society rules are quite twisted when the criminal can prevail over the victim.

I once followed tracks across a dirt lot to the house of a doper who stole the gas from my equipment -- the can was sitting beside the car and the funnel was in the tank.  Cops couldn't do anything ---doper was stoned in the house-- cops knew him and had trouble with him all the time..  As an aside, the office said I didn't tell you this but set his car on fire and we will look the other way.  There are some good cops.

benevolance

Glenn

I have been told to shoot to kill also...A cop told me once to make sure you shoot twice center mass...Bam bam...Make sure you get the job done

And with a gun it is instant...You shoot it is almost instant and overpowering and death is almost certain.

If you hit the guy with a baseball bat in the head he would likely die also...one or two blows would do the trick....But if you hit him 25 times in the face you reach a point where adrenaline passion and fear lose credibility and then it seems excessive.

Same thing with something slow like choking someone....This took time...She had to stay there and make sure he was dead.

I do not think checking the pulse of someone is practicing medicine...Otherwise we would all go to jail....First thing 911 operator tells you to do is check for pulse if you call them about a body on the ground or whatever..That is not illegal.

I am not arguing that pieces of sh*t should get off easy. But I seriously question the chain of thought where killing more intruders will convince other scumbag pieces of sh*t from committing crimes...

Newsflash Glen...America is armed to the teeth...People have guns and ammo and the whole nine yards...People get shot all the time robbing people breaking into their homes etc... And crime is still rampant.

Arming citizens and allowing them to shoot and kill burglars has not proven to be a deterrance to crime at all.

Maybe it is because people who resort to this type of life no longer care about whether they live or die...They are addicted to drugs and have no choice in their minds?

Maybe they feel that they have no choice, that the reward of getting high is worth the risk of getting shot....Who knows....But guns in our houses and the ability and wherewithall to kill enemies has not stopped crime.

This is not an Anti Gun or NRA post...I think we should all have a gun in our house if we want one...I have hunted in the past....I learned to shoot when I was a little boy it is fun to have target practice with your friends to see who is the best shot....I think everyone should be made to go to a gun safety class as a child so accidental shootings are a thing of the past....If you are going to have a gun you better know what the hell you are doing.

Nothing annoys me more than Joe Six pack waving the flag with his gun that he does not know how to use properly...Endangering the life of himself and everyone around him.....

back to the idiot that broke into her home...When the guy was in the stranglehold.... unconscious near death he was no longer armed...I mean the guy would pee'd and pooped himself before he died....The lady would see the floor getting awfully wet....

I know what I am talking about here...I got caught up in a bungee cord once around the throat and I was unconcscoius in 5 seconds as both main arteries in the front of my neck were being squeezed at the same time....5 seconds glenn!

Anyways I hung there like that for a couple minutes and someone saw me and cut me loose...I had gone to the bathroom both cases....I layed on the ground for about 5 minutes and then re-gained consciousness....And I can tell you that there is no way I could fight anyone or swing a hammer I was so dissoriented and unbalanced it was like I was sea-sick, drunk with vertigo all at the same time.

Had the woman shot the guy I would say good shot....But  you cannot convince me that she did not deliberately take the time to make sure she killed this man.

We have the power as people to give and take life...It is a very frightening thing in my mind....I am just not sure that we should be allowed to take the life of another except in extremely dire circumstances.

Had the guy broke into my house I could not kill him deliberately after he was incapacitated.....whack him with a stick and knock him out and then call the police....Don't go back and finish the job to make sure he is dead.

I do not consider that being a softie...I just don't think I have the right to take anyone's life after they are no longer a threat

When that guy was passed out wetting the floor there was no way conceivable he was still a threat....But she spent the extra couple of minutes to make sure he was dead...

That is cold and ruthless...I would not want her to be my nurse....or anyone's nurse

benevolance

I had to do it...

Just threw in Stranglehold by Nugent.....Classic song.. seemed appropriate...

I got a stranglehold on you baby... ;D

glenn kangiser

Look at it this way, Peter -- what if his next victim did not have the strength Susan had?  What if she was only 100 lbs?  What if it was your wife or daughter?

I say, hang on Susie.  This guy is past being able to contribute anything worthwhile to society and a threat to defenseless women as long as he continues to live.

benevolance

Glenn

I shed no tears for this scumbag.... However it is not upto the individual to determine who should live or die...Or to judge who is worthy of life based on questions of how much they would contribute to society.

As for future crimes...I mean if we are going to get proactive with crime then we need to just start rounding up Minorities and the poor...I mean on average they commit more crimes right? ::)

That is a dangerous line of thought...Schoolboards teachers and councillors see troubled kids all the time that are more likely to commit violent crimes...So do we kill them off at the first sign of trouble as children?

Susan's responsiblity is to protect her own home...Not to protect the lives or homes of everyone else....

When she rendered the guy helpless unconcious and he was crapping himself all over the floor he was no longer a threat...

Before the guy died there would be a large amount of Mucas that would come out of his nose..And there would be a nasty gurgling sound...I saw a guy get strangled bad before and he was revived...But it is not something that just done  in the heat of the moment...It is deliberate...

Unlike in the James bond Movies on TV when you block both arteries on your neck you will black out instantly..There is no turning red fighting back during a 30 second fight scene...It is lights out....The person is lifeless and helpless...

From that time it takes several minutes of just standing there making sure you finish them off and kill them...

I don't think you could kill someone after they were helpless... if you hit a intruder over the head and he was knocked out...I don't see you or Kathy getting a knife and cutting his throat...Or then getting the gun and sticking it into his mouth and pulling the trigger.

It is not reasonable or Natural to stay there and finish the guy off to make sure he is dead...

Defending your home is one thing...The use of reasonable force is another... This woman had defended her home effectively long before she killed this guy.

That cop who told you to make sure you got the intruder with the gun.. was not just telling you that so the guy would be dead...He was telling you also to make sure you got off a good shot center mass...Because Glenn if you barely hit the guy and had to keep shooting...And hit the guy 7-8 times then it would go beyond heat of the moment defense of the house...And it would be excessive force.....And you might get charged in some states.

glenn kangiser

What puts me here with this position is all the crime that the police do nothing about.  I guess it is a lot harder to catch a rapist than it is to write a radar or seat belt ticket, but the criminals that don't get punished are just plain out of control.  Maybe due to drugs  or other abuses but the excuses don't  make the crimes any less dangerous or criminal.

Heck, Peter -- I wish you an your buddies would come down here and target practice on our graffiti artists.  I was cheering when I heard about the one in Fresno who got shot at and ran down the side of the freeway , broke his ankle and layed there all night.  These people have no respect for other peoples property - shoot and drive away - most never caught.  When one of them gets his just desserts  it does make my day.  I plain don't care how they got to where they are.  If they are stupid enough that they won't straighten out, I feel it's fine for them to get removed from the gene pool. :)

This is not just about this guy to me - I'm tired of the dopers stealing my tools, my saw, my welder, wire feeder, breaking into my sons truck  and stealing his radio -- my wifes radio and window, doping in the attic on my job while they are supposed to be welding - - anyway these scum get removed from society is fine with me.

I know poor people who don't resort to stealing or killing.

I guess there are no easy answers.

glenn kangiser

Depending on the circumstances, I probably wouldn't finish him off either, but I don't have a problem with someone in fear of her life doing it.  As soon as he was out of prison he could come back and finish the job if alive.  I don't feel it is necessary for her to even have to worry about him.  She would have a shadow of fear over her for the rest of her life---- not fair.  He already demonstrated his intent to do harm by breaking in and arming himself with a hammer.  No one says he had no intent to kill with it.  No one can prove it and if he were alive he could not be trusted no matter what he said his intent was -- in fact that makes him more dangerous - he could have sweet talked his way out of trouble or prison one more time to once again lose control and attempt to kill maybe successfully.

benevolance

Glenn

I share your anger at the pothead community...I am sure this will stir the pot...No pun intended...But in my experience also I have had nothing but bad dealing with working with people that smoke a lot of dope...

We would be working our arses off and they would be stealing away to go get high...And hide

Or tools would go missing from the job site and make their way into the pothead's trunk...

BTW what is up with the Welding profession...Almost all the welders I know smoke enough dope to choke a horse?

As for people stealing...I hear you! We use to lose a lot of stuff at the family auto salvage and though I lose less here where I live(because someone is here 24/7) I still have people steal from me...And I only have 35 cars here...Caught a couple of people coming through the neighbors woods across a pond to get into my back yard...Unreal! :o

I get so mad it is a good thing there is no gun here at the house. I went after a guy with a crowbar a while back and it was funny to make him swim into the nasty pond to get away from me.

It is easy to say these idiots need to be removed from the Gene pool...But biblical law will not ultimately end crime.

85 years ago in America during the depression when someone by law was to be hanged for stealing bread.. as often as not the judge would not render the verdict... And in California the 3 strikes law means life in Prisonment...And a lot of judges refuse to jail a guy for life for a petty crime...

Punishment is not necessarily the answer. I am not advocating people stealing your stuff...It drives me insane to lose tools and parts too man. I just personally do not believe there are enough bullets out there to elimiate the problem of crime.

Crime like terrorism is a symptom of the sickness within a society.  This is just a theory I have, but I believe that it is harder to become a fanatic, terrorist or hardened criminal. I think we need to look at the causes of crime and fanatics and eliminate the root causes for these problems....That would be more effective than running around trying to catch people once they have already been sent down the path of no return...

To that end I feel that stronger punishment for Drug use and trafficking needs to be implimented...Because the pursuit of drugs is probably the number one cause of theft, burglary, muggings...etc...

I am all for mandatory drug testing at pretty much every workplace..I am all for letting drug dealers hang.... or burn, fry, suffocate.. whatever

I am all for having a police dog trained for every school in America...Get the drugs out of our schools...

Car stereos, windows, tools, homes would be safer without the drugs.... you mentioned that there are poor people that do not steal....I feel that you are correct....It comes down to mostly the drugs...Who is poor because of the drugs... Those are likely the ones that are willing to break the law to support their habit.... by any means necessary...Stealing things like Cars and tools.

Police see auto theft as a victimless crime. Cars have insurance, injury of innocent people is very low.... And so the police pay no attention to it really.

Because it is cost effective (lucrative) and easy the police instead spend a lot of time and effort hassling the public with radar guns on the highways... And things like stereos, tools and cars being stolen get no real attention from the police.

I am not saying everyone in America would be outstanding human beings morally without drugs...But they would not have a root cause to commit crimes.

I guarantee your annoyance factor would drop astronomically if we could remove the Drugs from the equation of society

benevolance

And speaking of Drugs...

America is on the brink of war with Iran over enrichment that could lead to a bomb in ten years...Trying hard for massive sanctions and talking about attacks.

Where are the massive attacks and sanctions to drug exporting countries?

The only way to really kill off the drugs is to force the  countries to stop people from growing millions of acres of Marijuana and Cocaine. Be it with assaults, sanctions...

Eliminate the Drugs from being grown and you effectively stop the problem..This will not stop people from making meth....From Liquid drano and Cold Medicine... why anyone would want to ingest drano is beyond me.

I am still listening to Stranglehold....Rocking it down man....Once I get a song on the brain I usually listen to it over and over for a few days to really dig it... Day 2 for stranglehold

glenn kangiser

Meth is so addicting that when people use it once many times they are hooked.  Money is so addicting to some that dealers keep cooking and dealing.

The clandestine organizations in our government don't want drug production stopped in other countries.  That is how they and many of our higher ups in military and government make their lunch money.  Some of the Iran -Contra people or their relatives are in control of our nation now -- believe me - they haven't forgotten old the old methods... they have learned how to hide better.  Pardons were issued by former presidents who likely benefitted from the drug or gun sales also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

Some history from an insider -ex Navy   http://www.almartinraw.com/uri1.html

http://www.csun.edu/CommunicationStudies/ben/news/cia/

Parts of our government and some of our political leaders are funded by drugs- it won't  be stopping anytime soon.

and local news,

http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/last_circle/1.htm

The drugs are sold for funding in the US -somewhere I read that justification was that people who would buy the drugs don't deserve to live anyway.  It accomplishes two things.  http://www.csun.edu/CommunicationStudies/ben/news/cia/

http://www.copvcia.com/free/ww3/10_10_01_heroin.html

Sassy

I believe we have the right to defend ourselves when there is an intruder, whether it be in our houses or in our country.  I don't believe we have the right to "pre-emptively" go after people/countries that we "suspect"  might do something to harm us or our property.  Like you said, Benevolance, we don't want teachers doing psychological testing on our children & deeming them undesireable & therefore expendible... but then, we ARE doing that by the millions with abortion - WHOA did I say that?  quote from Benevolance:  "That is a dangerous line of thought...Schoolboards teachers and councillors see troubled kids all the time that are more likely to commit violent crimes...So do we kill them off at the first sign of trouble as children?"

Quote Benevolance:  "Crime like terrorism is a symptom of the sickness within a society.  This is just a theory I have, but I believe that it is harder to become a fanatic, terrorist or hardened criminal. I think we need to look at the causes of crime and fanatics and eliminate the root causes for these problems....That would be more effective than running around trying to catch people once they have already been sent down the path of no return..."

Quote Benevolance:  "It is easy to say these idiots need to be removed from the Gene pool...But biblical law will not ultimately end crime."  In the Bible, the law was to show how depraved man really is to one extent or another but it also gives a solution... it is the promise of a "mediator" that stands in the gap & takes our punishment so that we can start out like we were "born again" with a new mind, with undeserved mercy.  It is that very love & mercy that will cause us to want to do right & we are promised strength to do it.  Sure, we still do things we know we shouldn't or even that we don't really want to do, but there is hope.  We suffer "discipline" to help lead us on the right path... we discipline our children because we love them... which is different from punishment.  

Here's a good article on the drug scene:  R.I.P. Gary Webb -- Unembedded Reporter

Is Your Child Being "Mentally Screened" at Your School?

Who are the REAL drug dealers...
BIG PHARMA & THE FDA STRIKE OIL WHILE INJURING MILLIONS

In the latest issue of AARP there's an article about how the Feds are confiscating senior citizen's prescription drugs that they've ordered from Canada.  "Homeland Security" feels it is a threat to our nation...  :-?  rather, getting cheap drugs from Canada (identical to those sold in the US, even to the packaging) is a threat to BIG PHARMA...
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

benevolance

Sassy it is all about the money....The drug Companies are worth trillions and trillions....Their influence is as great as any military presence on the planet...

If  The same medication in Canada made in the same factory in the same packaging is cutting the american drug companies profits in half then they will make sure that the department of homeland security stops looking for terrorists and starts making the country secure by confiscating drugs from seniors that desperately need cheaper medication.

In reference to biblical law...I was talking about the severity of punishment...Castration is not a deturrant to rape....Pedophiles and Molesters still commit sick acts and would even if it meant getting their private parts removed.

Cutting the hand off a thief will not stop crime...It will make the thieves carry guns so they can shoot their way to freedom to avoid being caught and having their hands cut off.... Even if you catch the thief.. and remove his hands...Then you have to feed, clothe, house the guy because he is a low life and now he is disabled.

I agree with Glenn when he said that Drugs are big business to the rich and powerful in America...And  it is going to be near impossible to stop the flow of narcotics into America unless you find a politician that was immune to corruption and not afraid to be assasinated..... You would be one a one way trip to see JFK if you got elected and started a real war on Drugs

jwv

http://strawbaleredux.blogspot.com/

"One must have chaos in one's self to give birth to the dancing star" ~Neitszche

glenn kangiser

You beat me to it, Judy.  

As I said, in the case of an unknown assailant I assume they want to kill me.  Good job, Susan, but what a thing to have to deal with. :-/