End of the world scenarios

Started by MtnmanMikeM, June 08, 2006, 04:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtnmanMikeM

Amanda's post in the 6-6-06 thread, about a comet, tsunamis etc. reminded me of this website which gives all kinds of end of the world scenarios.     I think it is fun to read although I know many would not like it.   :o   Some are quite a bit like late night radio - remember Art Bell?    I do Not believe in aliens - ufo's although possibly possible.    I have seen a couple unusual sights at night but think a lot of ufo's are government activity.  

Anyhoo, here is the link to a Very interesting site.    I think the super volcano is the scariest for I live around 300 miles or so south of Yellowstone.    I have not checked All this link and I would never buy anything over the net such as what they sell.   I don't think it has too much to do with the actual armageddon which many do not believe will happen anyway.   I guess they use armageddon to refer to end of the world scenarios.  But I would like to hear some comments about this site >  http://www.armageddononline.org

glenn-k

I heard Art Bell one or two times and that is where I heard Gary North of The Daily Reckoning that John has posted from a few times.  I still get the Daily Reckoning also.  I have since before Y2K - actually Gary North's news letters first then later I think he went to or maybe started The Daily Reckoning.  While I wasn't sure if Y2K would happen, I thought it was still a good idea to be prepared.

Amanda_931

Occasionally I've gotten Art Bell when I came back from Nashville late at night.  And I think my first introduction to him was to the Yellowstone supervolcano.  That and a scandal, which turned out to be years old, about sterilizing surgical instruments used on a mad cow disease patient.

And there's a big e-mail trade in conspiracy theories.   It's amazing how people pick and choose what they are going to believe.  We all do it, of course.  But some of my friends believe I'm bizarre for believing one thing, I think the same of them for another.

Thanks for the link.

Here's the Robert Frost poem that bits of started going through my head as I looked at Mike's link.

Fire and Ice

SOME say the world will end in fire,  
Some say in ice.  
From what I've tasted of desire  
I hold with those who favor fire.  
But if it had to perish twice,          
I think I know enough of hate  
To know that for destruction ice  
Is also great  
And would suffice.
It's from here:

http://www.bartleby.com/155/2.html

MtnmanMikeM

In 1998 and 1999 I listened a Lot to Art Bell and Gary North.    It was interesting but now it seems like a waste of time which a Lot of tv and radio is.  Y2k was a good trial run to get people at least in a mood and hopefully gain some knowledge about preparing for the worst etc.  

But the worst thing is Maybe millions have been turned off from preparing for disasters etc.  because of y2k?    With Katrina, 911 etc. hopefully more will get back into preparing for disasters or whatever.

A link to Art Bells radio show which is now hosted by George Noory is at http://www.coasttocoastam.com     One fascinating story  there is about a meteor that hit Norway with the force of an atom bomb.   Anyone hear the big USA news media report on this?  Interesting site but I do not really like ghost stories and ufo info.    Tooo scary  :) especially I live by myself from mid June to November or so on my remote mountain land.   I also try to never watch movies about ghosts especially I heard there was a few years ago a movie about a witch in a forest?       I usually Never get scared easily but I don't need bad thoughts in the back of my mind either...  
I think stinkin cities are much much scarier than any mountain wilderness....

Also I liked the Robert Frost poem and about conspiracy theories.     The mother of all conspiracy theory sites I think is probably  http://www.infowars.com      A great deal to read there and many probably will not believe it anyway.     I read some there but if I start to believe all of it then it get tooo scary  :o   ;D

glenn-k

The cities are in reality much much worse than mountain wilderness.  Animals usually only kill when there is no other way or they have a problem.  In New Orleans before the flood, you were warned (if you were lucky)  not to leave the tourist area by even a block at night for fear of being robbed or killed.

Fresno is the 3rd worst in the nation if not for all crime, at least for car theft.  The little gang cowards have no respect for life, property or people and will kill anyone who happens to get in the wrong place at the wrong time if they feel like it.  Graffiti is everywhere costing tens to hundreds of thousands per year to clean up.  Fortunately they  usually kill other gang members but it is not limited to them.

Sassy got off work after midnight a week or so ago and was surrounded by several carloads of gang members while driving home.  Fortunately for some reason they pulled off onto another street.  Who knows what they were up to?  One of the other nurses thought it may have been an initiation stunt that a new member didn't have courage to pull, so they left.  You have to hate the cities and the vermin they breed. :-/

MtnmanMikeM

Good comments about cities Glenn.     I believe more and more especially the longer I am on my mtn. place that mountain wilderness and my land which is only one mile from a pure wilderness area is like Paradise and that cities are like purgatory or worse.       Fortunately most city people love cities - such as the saying I luv NY etc.   and many are even Afraid of wilderness and even those scary "ignorant" country people.  ;D  

If I never have to go into a city ever again except maybe a town of less than 5,000 for some supplies, such as Saratoga, Wyoming,  I will love it...     I also have observed that animals are more afraid of people and just want to be left alone.   The dangerous part is when people treat animals such as bears like pet dogs and do not respect them.     Leave them alone and they almost always will leave you alone.    That is how I want most people especially the Government to treat me also....     I better stop now before I start ranting... :)