just checkin' in

Started by tesa, January 19, 2009, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesa

hi everyone

well, still no formal quote from the power company, as we met their engineer at the property on thursday

he thinks at least 4-5K (couldn't find my previous notes from mid-south synergy)

it cost us 200 bucks for him to come out and work up a quote

money well spent if it gives us an acurate idea of grid tied power costs so we can make an informed
choice between them or solar

he said we'd have to get the properties before ours surveyed, so they know where to put the poles
and this cost wouldn't be included in their bid

we'd also have to clear the right of ways on said properties, which also wouldn't be on their bid, since
we could contract that out, or do it ourselves

the engineer said at least 4 poles, maby more

and then theres the meter pole, membership fee (its a co-op), possible deposit (based on our credit)
and a connect fee of 175 smackers

man, i'm glad we know, like i said it was 200 bucks well spent to see just how much this is gonna cost

one thing he did say, which i hadn't thought of was once power gets down that road, those lots are
gonna start selling like hot cakes

i'm not so sure i want neighbors that soon

its looking like we're gonna jump off-grid, but waiting for the formal bid to decide

hope everyone had a great weekend, the weather here was beautiful and we got almost 100' of
fence posts set, with just the two of us working, and keeping an eye on a 6 year old

its amazing what she finds to play with out there, she was taking wee pine saplings we had cut down,
and making herself a lean-to

it was cute

i had forgot the camera, but hopefully will have a few photos of the property to post next weekend

we did get the spot staked out for our RV shed, and its nice to see that

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

glenn kangiser

Looking forward to seeing it, tesa
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.