Redoverfarm....Walk-out footings???

Started by 2zwudz, December 12, 2008, 09:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2zwudz

John / Redoverfarm
  Could you post more pictures of the footings under your walkout and any reinforcing rebar around the opening.  What I am asking is can you talk me thru how you constructed the walk-out part of your basement from footing to seal plate?

Thanks
Mark

Redoverfarm

Mark the footings were rather standard with a ladder shaped re-bar mid ways at the depth of the footing about 3" from the outside & inside edges.  I tried to stay at 10" but with the composition of the ground being mainly shale it varies from 10" to 14-16" depending of what size hunk of shale came out.  I couldn't get standard re-bar to drive into the shale so instead I used angle iron (used bed rail) for stakes.  Same went for the width which varied from 18-24".  I did form up the inside at the lower basement section because the shale was really big and someplaces it worked to 36". 

The footing at the doorway was reinforced the same way as the rest of the footings. 

The biggest problem was forming the step footings as I could not use standard wooden stakes and as before I put everything from re-bar to bedrail to hold it in place.

From footing to sill plate was just masonry laid blocks.  I installed a block linel at the top of the doorway entrance (6'). It is a two piece reinforced block to simulate laid blocks over the opening.  On the top blocks of the entire walls anchors were mortared in place to secure the sill.  Termite shield, foam seal , 30# felt and then PT sill.

Not real sure this is what you wanted.  I will have to go back and find the footing pictures but I am sure that there was none taken of just the re-bar before they were poured. 

If this is not what you need then either E-mail or PM and I will try to help you out.

John