Just Say No . . . Tiny Houses Suck!

Started by bayview, February 25, 2011, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

Is the opinion of this person.

Tiny Houses are completely impractical!  They are too small to be a viable option for a normal person's needs.  From the get-go, you instantly outcast yourself because of social norms and influences.  Social norms, regardless of if they are right or wrong, still exist and to go against them, will be to your disadvantage.

/.
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

Squirl

Interesting read.  There are many things that ring true, much to my dismay.  I had experience with this when living on a boat.  "So your homeless." was the number one response I received when I told people.  It didn't matter that it had a galley, dining area, bathroom, multiple berths, and was bigger than some apartments I had lived in.  To say that there aren't repercussions with going against social norms is naive.  The question is can you deal with them and are you willing to be a pioneer.  Most people here are, but it isn't without its problems.

StinkerBell

Who cares what the person thinks. I follow my own drum beat. I do not care much about "Social Norms" I do care about being polite and caring for my neighbor. I suspect that person never ever left the comforts of the USA and has no real world experience.

Sigh....The question that comes to my mind is do I want quality or quanity? I rather have quality.

ScottA

StinkerBell