diesel appliances?

Started by jharleyhammond, December 08, 2021, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jharleyhammond

Anyone looked into diesel cookers, ovens, water heaters, room heaters, etc. Thanks, Harley

Redoverfarm

I had considered in a generator but thinking of having to carry diesel fuel I found it easier to go propane.  Being off grid with several other appliances that I run on propane it was just easier.

MountainDon

I looked into diesel space heaters (webasto and autoterm as well as the chinese copies. the chinese copies sometimes give a lot of grief), , but decided propane was better for me when wood would not do.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

JRR

One variation is to consider a pickup truck with a built in generator for ac.  Ford has a diesel hybrid version I believe.  That would give a 2+ KW source that could quietly sit outside, ready to drive away with you.  It wouldn't supply enough heat alone, but would power a fuel oil heater.  Some food for thought.

akwoodchuck

Toyo is a great brand of room heaters and on-demand water heaters that run on #1 fuel oil...extremely popular up here in Alaska, they are ultra reliable....
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."