2 pound density expanded foam board suppliers?

Started by ovidgsd, August 31, 2010, 10:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovidgsd

I'm live on the MA / NH border near Nashua NH and I'm having a difficult time finding a supplier for 2 pound density expanded foam board - the specification for FPS Foundations (as found on this site ;) )

Does anyone have a referal for me on where I can pick up this needed material?

I also need hay bales for construction site run off protection and I have no idea where to get those!

Onkeludo2

I can't help you on the foam but the bales should be easy.  First, you probably want straw instead of hay though both would probably work.  Straw has no nutrients so varmits don't eat it, it does not mold and it also does not tend to break down over time nearly as quickly.

Any farm is going to have bales so you can ask a friendly farmer if you can buy some his or who supplies them for him.  Alternatively a large animal vet would also know.  Finally, whatever you local version of the pennysaver type of free classified add newspaper thingy is should have listings.  Even in the Chicago Craigslist you can just type in "bale" in the search window and get over 40 listings.

And not to state the obvious, but if you need them for this purpose so do all the construction companies so ask a foundation contractor.

Mike
Making order from chaos is my passion.

Redoverfarm

Can't help much on the foam as it varies from region to region.  I would first start at your concrete supply or bulk plant.  They may steer you to someone.

As for the hay.  Generally straw bales or hay bales can be obtained at a Feed supply.  I think I have even seen Lowes /Home Depot with straw for sale. Might have to go to an adjoining town.  Her is what turned up on "google" in that area.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Feed+supply+in+Nashua%2CNH%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIE_en