DogLeg Stairs

Started by Chutz, December 28, 2006, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutz

I'm building the 16'X24(26') cabin and want to use dogleg stairs instead of steep straight ones. Anyone done this or have dimensions and/or plans to share? It's going into the back, left corner so you would arrive in the loft in the middle of the back (16') wall.

Thanks in advance!
Chutz ::)

glenn-k

I did it on my RV Garage, but it is about 13 x 21 inside and I went with a steep stair non-code to come out in the center.  I think  you will have 2 or three steps to the landing for head clearance then turn.  You have more width to work with than I did.  You could put a dormer across from the top of the stair for room if needed.

Welcome to the forum.

Chutz

Well, sat down with CAD in hand and got something drawn up that I think will work.   :o  As they say, looks good on paper. If anyone else is interested in this type of stair, I'd be happy to share dim's and all.

glenn-k

We're always interested - please keep us updated.

JRR

We have built a 16' x 20' "cottage".  Basement, plus two floors and attached porch.  If I had to do over again, I would have the staircase enclosed in a bump-out ... or add 4' to the length, as you have ... but I think I would prefer the bump-out because of better noise/comfort control.

Chutz

Hmmm, interesting idea!   :o  Will strongly consider it.  I'm still in the process of refining the plans and making them 'mine'.  It's going in an area that used to be lawn and so far the sod had been removed. Digging for the posts is next...hopefully  start this weekend. When things get serious, we have a webcam trained on that area. Will share the link when the real building starts.