Vaccinations question --Sassy and others?

Started by akemt, January 04, 2009, 12:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akemt

Sassy, I saw in another post how you'd said you wouldn't take manditory vaccinations (flu) if they came around...out of context, I know, but how do you feel about childhood vaccinations in general or specific?  Anyone else may feel free to respond with their thoughts/opinions.

Catherine

Stay-at-home, homeschooling mother of 6 in "nowhere" Alaska

glenn kangiser

She is out of town for work this week, but she is pretty much against them.  Mercury used in the shots is contrary to everything known about health.  There is more of a flu or any other epidemic from the shots than there is without it.

Not kids but our puppies received puppie shots and 40% of them died.

My granddaughter got extremely ill from the shots.  Possibly  I can get my daughter to post what she has found out about the shots.

You can usually get off on religious grounds.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

I worked in an ER for 10 years and refused the flu shot. I made sure I washed my hands, and washed my hands, and washed my hands. In ten years I only missed work once for an illness.

Terry

Hey guys, I have been reading these forums for quite a while now and enjoy them very much. 
I feel I must respond on this topic and put in my two cents worth.

IMO flu and childhood immunizations save lives. I've been a school nurse for 22 years and have seen outbreaks of whooping cough (Pertussis) on the rise over the years. In Arkansas, parents may receive a philosophical, or religious exemption from the health department exempting immunizations for their children to attend school. This must be applied for each school year.
I am seeing more and more of these children each year attend school without ever receiving an immunization.

Childhood diseases are more deadly than any side effect from the immunization could ever think about being. I would hate to see my grandchildren go through the painful effects of getting diphtheria, measles...etc. and know there was a vaccine to prevent these deadly diseases.
Also, I would never think about working in a school system or medical facility without receiving a flu shot each year.

Yes, adults can wash their hands frequently to prevent diseases; however, children do not; and most adults don't either.

Thanks for listening.
Terry

Terry

Born Free - Taxed To Death

glenn kangiser

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Terry on January 04, 2009, 11:20:28 AM
Hey guys, I have been reading these forums for quite a while now and enjoy them very much. 
I feel I must respond on this topic and put in my two cents worth.

IMO flu and childhood immunizations save lives. I've been a school nurse for 22 years and have seen outbreaks of whooping cough (Pertussis) on the rise over the years. In Arkansas, parents may receive a philosophical, or religious exemption from the health department exempting immunizations for their children to attend school. This must be applied for each school year.
I am seeing more and more of these children each year attend school without ever receiving an immunization.

Childhood diseases are more deadly than any side effect from the immunization could ever think about being. I would hate to see my grandchildren go through the painful effects of getting diphtheria, measles...etc. and know there was a vaccine to prevent these deadly diseases.
Also, I would never think about working in a school system or medical facility without receiving a flu shot each year.

Yes, adults can wash their hands frequently to prevent diseases; however, children do not; and most adults don't either.

Thanks for listening.
Terry

Welcome to the forum, Terry w*

Don't mind me - I'm crazy, but there are lots of reasons that the shots may be more dangerous than the disease and there are indications that it was not the immunizations that changed the course of disease throughout history. 

I encourage all who can to participate in a discussion for and against the immunizations and lets see what the motivations are so we can make our informed decisions based on more knowledge than we previously had.  Money is often a motivator for forcing legislation and public mis-information that is in fact harmful to the public but good for the pharmaceutical companies.

Rumsfeld is a great example of that.  The bird flu scare has increased the value of his portfolio by millions.  He is a major investor/owner of the parent company that makes Tamiflu - a worthless drug that may decrease your feeling of unpleasantness from the flu by a few hours IF you take it soon enough. 

It does nothing to prevent or cure it, yet he convinced the government to spend about 2 billion dollars of taxpayer money with his and complicit criminals in congress approval, all to help feather his pocket.  After the ripoff he bought a new estate near Cheney. 

That is a motivation example that is common in lots of legislation. 

The great Texas forced HPV vaccination hoax is another example.  http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_HPV_Vaccine_3.html

Just because government wants it, it does not mean it is good for you.  They will scare you to make money and make you want it.

Thanks for your input, Terry and I urge you to continue to comment.  :)

I like to stir things up to stimulate learning and teaching.

MountainDon

I've been getting an annual flu shot for more than 20 years now. I used to get the flu every year IIRC; now I do not. Being around preschool age children 9 1/2 months of the year I believe in their general effectiveness.

As a child I had mumps (a bad case that dropped to you know where), chicken pox, pertussis, measles and rubella; plus the flu countless number of times. I lived through them all, but the outcome could have had more serious side effects. I guess you can tell that I am in favor of vaccinations.

Kids around the world still die from measles. Maybe if that was still happening in this country some people would rethink their opposition. I believe that many of those who opt out on personal grounds are taking a free ride on the coattails of everyone else who does get vaccinated. The odds of contracting measles must be pretty low when the bulk of kids receive shots.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

Hi, I have a few minutes break - so I'll put my 2 cents in...

My main concern with childhood vaccinations is that they receive approx 30 vaccines by the time they graduate from highschool.  It's in the 20's by the time they are 5 y/o.  Mercury is one of the problems although they've cut back on the use of that...  (check out the CDC for vaccinations)

What is known about the cumulative effects of all these multiple vaccines (some shots have up to 5 different vaccines in them)?  Especially on immature immune systems...  our children/grandchildren are being used as guinea pigs because never in the history of medicine have children rec'd so many vaccines at the same time & within the 1st few years of their lives! 

I got flu shots a couple times - each time I got really sick.  For the past 8 yrs I have not gotten the flu shot & have not gotten sick except for a couple mild colds/coughs & one bout of the hersey's squirts...  I had all the childhood diseases when I was young & I made it out alive...  they won't attribute any side effects to the vaccines - just spoke with one of the docs I work with - she said her daughter had a necrotic area from the shot & the doc taking care of her daughter acted like she was stupid for thinking that there could be a reaction to a vaccine... duuuuuh   [slap] [waiting] 

Glenn's granddaughter went into febrile seizures & her arm was all inflamed - but nooooo, those symptoms weren't caused by the vaccines...  even though they happened shortly after the shots... 

Anyway, each person needs to study both sides & choose for themselves... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Ernest T. Bass

We believe that the principles behind vaccinations are false. This is more my mom's field, and I'm not smart enough to hold up an intelligent debate on the subject, though. However, I have an article here that is really well done. Yes, I hate it when people post links to articles too... :) It's a worthwhile read, though!

http://www.westonaprice.org/children/vaccinations.html

Our family's homestead adventure blog; sharing the goodness and fun!

Sassy

here's a link on flu shots (the article also has a lot of good links on vaccinations)
http://www.newswithviews.com/Ciola/greg109.htm
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser