What's for dinner at your house?

Started by peternap, June 15, 2011, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I'm now on a 25 calorie, 0 Carb, High Protein+ B12, Fish oil, Peppermint Oil, per meal...menu >:( 

What's everyone in the real world eating? ???
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

fishing_guy

Ouch...
We had a high protein apple smoked ribeye and some broccoli last night.  Tube steaks tonight up-north and then hopefully 2 nights of fresh fish.
That 25 calories wouldn't even get me up in the morning...
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

muldoon

I'm doing a brisket this weekend.  probably going to add some grilled jalapenos and onions as sides for saturday. 

Last night my wife made a roast in the oven, carrots and potatoes with a homemade brown gravy.  I made the salad, leafy lettuce, mushrooms, with the cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden. 

StinkerBell

beans and rice ... but I might change my mind.

peternap

Even though my glucose dropped to 70, I decided to cheat tonight and added two hardboiled egg whites :(
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Native_NM

25 calories?  Your doc is meaner than mine.  I don't think you can truly go zero carb.  I had grilled chicken, asparagus, black beans, and some spinach salad.  Covered the chicken in green chile. 
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

muldoon

venison hamburger made into spaghetti with fresh garlic buttery french bread.  sided with a salad very similar to last nights salad. 
sorry peternap, I thought about you when I ate it. 

peternap

Quote from: Native_NM on June 16, 2011, 11:28:24 PM
25 calories?  Your doc is meaner than mine.  

Wasn't my Doc NNM. He wants to hook a pump to me and let me eat what I please :(

Native_NM

On a 25 calorie diet, starvation is going to kill you before the diabetes....
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

MountainDon

Oh crap Peter! Right now I'd take it if I could eat it without making my jaw hurt. I'm getting tired of this cycle. I turn many things into soup with a little help from Mr. Waring. Either that or chop everything very finely and make a "salad" out of it, or take Rx pain killers an hour before. It all sucks.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: Native_NM on June 17, 2011, 01:02:44 PM
On a 25 calorie diet, starvation is going to kill you before the diabetes....

This is sort of like overcharging a battery NNM. I've been controlling it for about 5 years but either the diabetes has come up with a new battle plan or my body isn't responding to the diet anymore because something is finding enough starch to raise my glucose a lot.
If it works, I can go back on a more sensible diet. I'm using a bodybuilder powder and enough vitamins to keep me off the rocks...I hope.

QuoteOh crap Peter! Right now I'd take it if I could eat it without making my jaw hurt. I'm getting tired of this cycle. I turn many things into soup with a little help from Mr. Waring. Either that or chop everything very finely and make a "salad" out of it, or take Rx pain killers an hour before. It all sucks.

It's funny you mention that Don. I started to write a post a few days ago...about how you are a sterling example of how to deal with  a health issue much worse and much more painful than mine. [cool]

Homegrown Tomatoes

Korean style chicken soup at our place tonight.  Supposed to be eaten on the hottest day of summer, and... well, it  was hot enough.  I hope you get to eat real food soon.  (And you too, Mt. Don....)

Sassy

How's it going Peter?  The body gets more resistant & a lot of times the pancreas's islet cells don't make enough insulin - Type I diabetics don't make any insulin at all.  I'm sure you know all that. 

MtnDon, sounds like you are still suffering...  my brother, who had neck cancer treated w/radical neck surgery, chemo & radiation which ended up messing up his arteries & veins due to the toxicity of the chemo & also the antibiotics he had to take because he contracted MRSA leading to a quadruple bypass a couple years ago & 2 stents last year just had oral surgery due to a dentist not inquiring whether he should be on antibiotics before any dental work.  Anyway, his face blew up huge, had to go on antibiotics again, had oral surgery last week due to the infection going into his upper jaw & is having hyperbaric chamber treatments to help him heal.  He has been through hell & back.  I pray that he doesn't have to have something like you, MtnDon, on top of all the other stuff he's suffered from - it's the upper jaw & that will be much more difficult.

Either the docs have kept him alive or are slowly torturing him...   :-\

Well, I certainly got off topic, didn't I  d*  Probably ruined everyone's dinner   :P

I haven't really been cooking for myself since Glenn has been gone...  a couple weeks ago I made a big pot of veggie soup & ate that for a week - I can eat the same thing as long as I don't have to cook... used to love to cook but it's lost its excitement  :D  Last week I heated up a couple frozen tamales for dinner every night - creative, huh? 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

MountainDon

Dinner tonight; Micheal Collins. (the finest of Irish Whiskeys!)

Well, I came in a day early to see my doc. Saturday evening my jaw felt funny. Sunday AM it still felt odd and hurt a bit. Sunday night it hurt quite a bit. Today I came back to town, still hurting like the devil, even with the Percocet. It broke. My jaw, not the Percocet. All by itself just forward of where the plate is screwed in place. That sucks. Friday AM I get to have my jaw wired so the parts stay in alignment. More news then on what the treatment path will follow.

Don

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Ug, Don!  I'm so sorry to hear that!!  How miserable!!  I don't know if this will help or not, but when one of my wisdom teeth was hurting horribly two weeks post-op, my dentist told me to take prenatal vitamins (yes, even though I wasn't pregnant) and that it would help it heal up faster.  :D Not only did my jaw start improving after a week on the vitamins, my skin, hair, and nails all looked better, too.

peternap

I'm really sorry to hear that Don!

Going by saying "Those things that don't kill you will only make you stronger"...means you're gonna be up there with Conan the Barbarian when this is over. :P

Prayers sent that it heal soon!

muldoon

fresh caught (same day) fried catfish and home made hushpuppies (with crawfish tails from the freezer added into the mix).  with green onions and dirty rice. 

peternap

I splurged today :-[

After having a delicious serving of B-12, Peppermint oil capsules and fish oil, topped off with a well prepared low dose aspirin...  I had a double serving of tasty chocolate flavored, high protein chalk powder. I'll have to work that extra 25 calories off now ???

Yum, Yum....thems eats! Tastes like Chicken >:(

John Raabe

Peternap: Makes me hungry just thinking about it!   :-\ :P :-\

MtnDon: Hope things go well with you and the surgery tomorrow!
None of us are as smart as all of us.

IronRanger

@peternap,

You can get Optimum Nutrtion protein powder from amazon.  Truly the best I've had is the Double Rich Chocolate.

Or, you can order 25 lbs of the "recession whey" from trueprotein:  http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6843

25 calories would be 1/4 scoop of protein powder.  Or 1/8 of a chicken breast.  Why even bother eating?  ;D

I've been on a fasting diet called LeanGains, it's based on 16 hour fasts followed by 8 hours of eating.  It's optimized for people who train with weights.

There's also Eat Stop Eat and The Warrior Diet. ESE is a 24 hour fast.  Warrior Diet is set up for small, protein-based meals throughout the day followed by a 4-hour feeding window.

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster

peternap

Quote from: IronRanger on June 23, 2011, 04:07:42 PM
@peternap,

You can get Optimum Nutrtion protein powder from amazon.  Truly the best I've had is the Double Rich Chocolate.

Or, you can order 25 lbs of the "recession whey" from trueprotein:  http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6843

25 calories would be 1/4 scoop of protein powder.  Or 1/8 of a chicken breast.  Why even bother eating?  ;D

I've been on a fasting diet called LeanGains, it's based on 16 hour fasts followed by 8 hours of eating.  It's optimized for people who train with weights.

There's also Eat Stop Eat and The Warrior Diet. ESE is a 24 hour fast.  Warrior Diet is set up for small, protein-based meals throughout the day followed by a 4-hour feeding window.

Thanks Ranger...but I'm not trying to lose or gain weight, just stave the sugar boys out.
If I don't eat (if you can call it that) on a regular schedule, at least 6 times a day, my glucose drops.

muldoon

peter - is what your doing related to this?

http://blisstree.com/eat/8-weeks-of-calorie-restriction-can-cure-type-2-diabetes/

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-diabetes-extreme-diet-06252011,0,7790769.story

QuoteIn the British study, 11 patients who had developed diabetes later in life and averaged 220 pounds were put on a doctor-supervised 600-calorie-per-day diet (which included "a special diet drink and non-starch vegetables, such as broccoli, asparagus and cabbage) for eight weeks. After one week on the diet, patients' fasting blood sugar had returned to normal and after eight weeks, they showed no signs of diabetes. After three months of returning to a normal diet, seven remained completely free of the disease.

peternap

Not deliberately because I hadn't read about that study until this morning, but yeah, it's the same idea.
I'm not sure what's going on but I still can't get it below 130 now and it stays closer to 250.

Today was especially bad. I was dozing off constantly and finally decided that if I was going west, it wasn't going to be sitting on a sofa so I rode my motorcycle into town for coffee.

I felt a hundred percent better and then checked what my wife was brewing for me. Sure enough, she was sneaking decaffeinated in on me.
Now I'm in the doghouse because I accused her of poisoning me ;D.

Glucose is still 153 right now though and I haven't eaten anything for the lat 24 hours. >:(

peternap

Happy Days! ???

I have made a discovery...

1/2 scoop of genuine artificial chocolate flavored, High Protein, Chalk Powder...in a cup of real coffee with caffeine, and one teaspoon of Splenda,

Isn't half bad tasting! c*