reversing the vc again.

Started by liteman, April 08, 2007, 08:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteman

i am a little confused with the dead valley thing and the vertical wall. maybe i did a bad job explaining it. would it be possible to extend the roof line into the bedroom on each side of the bedroom peak so the main portion and bedroom portion would be even.i just want to increase the height of the kitchen wall(the side where the sink is) and make the lower portion of the room(where bedroom door is) lower. the rear of the house would be the front.the roofs would be tied in the same way as in the plans, just lower. hate to be a pain in the !&$#? but i am a little new to this

John Raabe

I am not at all sure I understand exactly what you are wanting to do... I thought I knew but now I'm not so sure :D

However, that won't stop me from giving you advice!

Consider the main portion of the VC plan... the one with the saltbox extension for the kitchen. That can certainly be reversed moving the lower roof from the right side to the left. Then the bedroom addition gable can meet that lower portion with the same wall height.

If that is what you want to do that is a simple change and will lower the wall and ceiling in the main floor bedroom.

It sounds like you have more changes in mind, however, such as reversing the entry.

For this and other reasons you are best advised to work with someone local to make these changes as the post and beams of the Victoria plan must be sized for the loads coming down from above and your modifications will likely have structural consequences.
None of us are as smart as all of us.