Forum down?

Started by Beavers, January 03, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beavers

Was the forum down for the last few days or was it something on my end?  ???  Was getting an error message for the last 3 or 4 days.

Don_P

Beavers, I just got in kinda backdoor, check back in if you're there.

Beavers

Yep I'm here...using my normal bookmark

NathanS

It was down for me too. Must have been some kind of server issue or change. Glad it's back up.

Beavers

I'm glad too...was getting a little worried it was gone  :(

Adam Roby

Yup, was out for me also for a couple of days.

OlJarhead

All weekend I think.  Glad someone got it back!  I tried emailing John and Don but neither responded...must have old email for Don and the contact form on the site might not have worked.

Don_P

Hey, it's working again, I got in for a few minutes last night then no joy.
I've talked to Don a couple of times. John is switching servers and there was a software issue.
I'm not sure which sever we're on right now, be patient he might be having to back up to go forward.

Edit, the nameserver has changed since last night when I got in, from Site5 to NS25&26 DomainControl... I'm guessing John or Harlow got it done.

MountainDon

Quote from: Don_P on January 04, 2018, 06:47:17 AM

Edit, the nameserver has changed since last night when I got in, from Site5 to NS25&26 DomainControl... I'm guessing John or Harlow got it done.

That has to spread from "home" across all the name servers all over the internet. At times it can be slow. I believe the name servers give second priority to propagating new and updated data. I've read it can take up to 48 hours to spread around the entire internet.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

hpinson

Yes it was down for a few days, but we should for the most part be back in business, on a shiny new server platform, and the DNS change should be fully propagated by now (Friday, 1/5/18).  Please report any problems you encounter.