3d Architecture and visualization of your homes

Started by Olga(Guest), April 19, 2006, 08:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Olga

Hi.

I did not work with 3DHA version 3. I think, that opportunities of the program not so are good as them advertise. I shall necessarily look that the given program offers.

Wished to ask.
Advise where I could interest people in the offer. Probably there are sites of the building organizations or forums on this theme.

All I thank.

glenn-k

You are right about 3DHA being limited but it is pretty easy to use for people who don't get into a real odd project.  It works pretty fair for a simple house.  It will not work very well for my cabin. I will move this to the links section.   I think that you are looking for a group who builds a larger more expensive house, but if someone needs the service you have or our members can think of sites you may be interested in we will post them to this topic.

Do you work from any drawings or just Autocad, or DXF files?  

Olga

Re: glenn kangiser

According to all available information - the population of Ukraine makes 46,000,000.

glenn-k

Thanks, Olga.  I just picked the first available information I found.  Probably not real accurate on everything.  We also have friends from there if I remember right.  A nurse who worked with my wife was from Ukraine.

Are there still examples of old architecture there?  Old houses and buildings?  We went to France and the ancient buildings were very interesting.

Olga

We use basically 3ds max. We are guided by the maximal accuracy and similarity with the real house. However thus work looks as alive, instead of as the drawing.

It is reached by means of drawings and a realistic environment.

Olga

Examples of old architecture unfortunately it is not had. We only have started to develop the given area 3d schedules and examples of works while a little.

France is really rich on the architectural constructions. It would be quite good to make to order the ancient house or a palace.

Jimmy_Cason

QuoteWe use basically 3ds max.

3ds Max is very powerful software. It is an add-on for AutoDesk.
I would love to have a job that used that program.
It makes my Auto Cad look like an Etch-O Sketch!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5943857&linkID=5572501

glenn-k

jraabe

A forum poster who was just getting started with his graphic arts business did an early rendering of the little 14x24 Builder's Cottage (now part of the Enchilada kit). I know the value of this type of 3d work and for some projects it is well worth it. I think the free rendering he did for us was probably worth over $600.

This was done a couple of years ago and the potential realism has increased greatly since then.

Greetings to Olga. Glad to have you on board. Our needs for this site would be for modeling of simple houses.

Olga

For Jimmy Cason:

You are right.
3ds Max is real very powerful software.

For John Raabe:

Thanks for your attention.
The attached work shows weak work above an environment and work with textures.
One year ago we already had enough means to make the realistic house.
If you will have similar tasks we shall be glad if you to us address for the help.

Olga

Dustin

Google just bought Sketchup and now offers a version for the public for free!  I played with the demo version a while ago and wished I could afford to buy it. I just downloaded the free version last night. The "pro" version is $500 and has 3d export tools, organic modelling and movie exports. Sketchup is a deceptively simple 3d design tool. It's incredibly powerful.

http://sketchup.google.com/

jraabe

Thanks for the link to Google SketchUp. I knew Google had bought the product but didn't think they would have an upgrade with new tutorials, and FREE, so quickly.

This is a very good tool for visualizing a model. It will take a bit of time to learn but could be well worth it for a person planning a project.

Perhaps we should have a thread or section where we share models and designs. Here is a first start just to see where we can go with this.

http://www.countryplans.com/Downloads/test-1.skp

This is my first attempt with the program and it is not really useful for much at this point... I'm working through the tutorials learning the tools. At some point it looks like we can build components - maybe windows, doors, furniture, etc. ??? We'll see.

ergodesk

John... how did you insert thr .skp file into the message??

Look's like we could even work or add details from others.

George

Dustin

Notice they also have a searchable global model directory where you can upload and download models that others have done. By making this version free, they just created a large base of folks that are going to contribute to making loads of open source models available to everyone, making the Pro version that much more valuable. Folks who use this for work with buy it- it's a cheap corporate expense. People who play around with it wouldn't buy it anyways, but they are able to contribute.. Its a great deal for everyone.

I have been playing with it and I really like the Shadows feature where you can play with what the shadows look like at any time of the year and any time of day- inside the structure or outside.  It's going to take a great deal of time for me to have any great proficiency with it, but those folks who are familiar with modelling seem to take to it fairly quickly.