no sure about loft joist placement issue

Started by wayupnorth, July 05, 2016, 02:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayupnorth

Hi guys,
Don't know if this question has been addressed already. I could not find anything using the search bar.
I am modeling the 20x30 1.5 in sketchup. I want to put in a full floor upstairs using the plans as shown.

The problem I run into is this. The last double 2x12 loft joist that go against the rear of the 15th wall stud, does not line up with the interior wall. In order to line it (2-2x12 joists) up with the wall you have to move them further rearward about 5" from memory. This increases the distance from the double joists that attach to 15th stud, to the ones that attach to the front of the 12th wall stud, making the total width(opening for stairs)  greater than what is called for in the prints.
My question is how do I lay things out to get them to match the drawings? No matter how I lay out my wall joists (front to back, or back to front) they don't line up so that the 2x12's in the loft floor line up with the interior wall.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks for the help
upnorth

John Raabe

If you are still having problems getting these dimensions to resolve, please send me a personal email

john@countryplans.com
None of us are as smart as all of us.