This November 11, 2014 Veterans Day

Started by rick91351, November 11, 2014, 08:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

This November 11, 2014 Veterans Day sitting here thinking about all that served in times of conflict and yes even in times of peace.   Thank you! 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

UK4X4

A graphical display in the UK you may not have seen

Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red

a poppie for every UK soldier lost during WW1

http://poppies.hrp.org.uk/about-the-installation

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Redoverfarm

Greatful to our veterans that have managed to keep us safe and free.  But did you ever reflect upon the thousands and thousands that are no longer here because they paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we could live as we are. Makes you feel sort of humble. 

MushCreek

I play in a vintage style community band, and we played at a great Veteran's Day ceremony today. Truly heartfelt thanks to all of our veterans that have served so that we can all be free.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.