Sangre De Cristo Ranches, Colorado

Started by flag2442, September 05, 2007, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flag2442

Hello everyone,

I have been lingering a long time but i think this may be my first post.  I have read a few posts about Sangre De Cristo Ranches subdivision in colorado near fort garland.  I am curious how many of you have purchased there and if you were happy with your decision.  I have not had a chance to get up but i have been speaking with a relator up there and its looks nice and well priced.  So the pictures do the SDCR justice or is it all hype.  Im nervous above buying something without visiting the area.   8-)

Thank you for your time,

flag2442

glenn kangiser

I remember the postings - don't remember if anyone bought.

Welcome to the forum.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

Personally know nothing of the places for sale. Some pretty country in CO though.

If at all possible I'd visit the place first. Many years ago (the 70's) people from all over the USA bought land right here where I live. It was over blown. The people got plain flat desert, the only roads where those of an extensive grid bladed out through the desert. Most of that land lay undeveloped until just recently. Total scam.

I would hope that it would not be possible to carry out such an outright fraud today. But it's still a case of "caveat emptor" ... Let the buyer beware

G/L
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

flag2442

Im trying to make sometime before winter to get up there.  The photo's ive seen of the actual property are nice, but i guess you never know what surrounds them.

thanks for the replies

flag2442

Marcy

Hi there!  My husband & I purchased property in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches near Ft. Garland.  We have a 5 acre piece at about 9800' with FABULOUS views of Mt. Blanca.  LOTS of elk, an occasional bear.  This property is where we plan to build... and will be off the grid!  We also have a 2 acre parcel in Forbes Park (also near Ft. Garland).  We purchased both properties on ebay... thru a seller:  billyland  Prices were VERY reasonable when we bought ours, although I know prices are steadily going up!!  I would suggest checking into Billyland thru the ebay site... you bid for the downpayment price, with a payment plan over a number of years... I think it's 12% simple interest.  Our payments for the 2 properties is about $200 a month... and taxes are CHEAP!!!!!  
Good luck!  I'll be happy to email you pictures of the properties we own so you can see for yourself how beautiful it is there!
Marcy

Marcy

BTW... when buying thru Billyland on ebay... you have a grace period to go look at the property & see if it's REALLY what you want... and also have the opportunity to trade for other properties Billyland has listed... provided you win the bid on the downpayment.  Any money you had previously paid to Billyland is credited to the trade.  We did this & they were wonderful to work with!!  
There seems to be quite a few properties in the Ranches that are for sale... some are down in the valley with lots of sage brush, others - like ours - that have a nice mix of pine & aspen, and other still that are over 10,000' with TONS of aspen... and LOTS of snow.  I do know that from December 2006 thru May of 2007 the area had 271 inches of snow.   We've been there for the first snow of the season -- less than 4 inches when we were there -- and we were wearing jeans, short sleeved shirts & tennis shoes!  We've camped there for about 3 years...tenting... and the temps usually only get into the mid-70's during the day!  Nice compared to Nebraska where we live!  
Let me know if you have other questions!!
Marcy

glenn kangiser

Thanks for posting that, Marcy.  Welcome to the forum.  Please keep us updated on your project.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

flag2442

Thany you for the reply marcy.  I would love to see some pictures that you have taken.  I sent ya an e-mail.

Thanks Kelly

Marcy

[size=12][/size]Hey Jennifer!
I just sent you an email.  I'm not sure how to add pictures to this... so hopefully the pix I sent you will do for now!    PLEASE ~ if you have questions about the Ft. Garland/Sangre de Cristo Ranches/Forbes Park area... ask me & I'll try to answer as best I can.  Have you had a chance to check out Billyland on ebay????  I know he has some parcels for sale now.  I'll see what else I can find for sale there & get back to you!  
Marcy <><

Marcy

Jennifer,
Billyland.com    is the general website....  or go to ebay... and put in item number 330168565363... it's a 30 day auction... still has 25 days left.  Looks very pretty from the pictures he's listed.  I looked for the road it's on... on our plat map... but it's SO small I can't read the road names.  I was trying to see if it was near our property... by the lot number, I'd say it's not far from it... in the general vicinity... but again, the print is so small it's hard to read.  
Marcy

MountainDon

Here's a good Step-by-step that Glenn worked up:

Start a free account at Photobucket    

Register- log in - go to-- Upload Videos/ Browse  click the browse button - it will look on your computer - browse to the My Documents/Printscreen files/screenshot 001 or the name of the file you want.    

This also works with other images/pictures  on your computer.  Double click the file name then click the upload button.    

The picture will appear on your Photobucket album.  Below the picture are 4 tags.    

Copy the img code tag --click on it and it should copy -- if not then highlight it - right click - copy then paste it into the message reply window between the IMG brackets (made by the little picture frame on the icon toolbar).  This works for all photos or screenshots.  

Example - note that I added the quotes and the first hyphen to keep the file from appearing so you could see what I am talking about.  Even though this looks complicated, it isn't - the program names it and everything -you just click buttons and copy and paste.  
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Marcy

Here is the website to see photos of our land...and surrounding area.  Hopefully it will work!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14179760@N05/

jwv

http://strawbaleredux.blogspot.com/

"One must have chaos in one's self to give birth to the dancing star" ~Neitszche

Dan Parker

Marcy,please email me with your phone #.I have been looking at the sites on billyland and would like to talk to someone that has been there and delt with them first hand.

Thanks Dan Parker
                                             parkerchassis.com

solar nick

Hello,

I have a lot in SDCR and here is a link to some pics of the lot and the area

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7214311@N04/sets/72157603227613488/

Solar Nick

MountainDon

w* solar nick.

How large a lot do you have? Nice looking views.

solar nick

;D I have 5 acres at about 8500 feet.  Lots of sun over there 8)

flag2442

Been a little while since I posted.  Me and the wife made it up to colorado to look at the lots were were interested in.  I thought we were going to make it up before the first snow but it started snowing about 20 minutes before we arrived and was coming down hard. We got an idea of what the area looked like before it started snowing but once we arrived we could not see anything further than a couple hundred feet away.  From what we could see of the lot it was as described by www.colomtland.com.  The lot was covered in pines and on the website has great views but not when in the trees  ;D.  Im glas we were driving an all wheel drive vehicle otherwise it could have gotten a little interesting  ;).

We purchased the property and already have the deed.  We have started prefabbing a small cabin that we will put up in the spring.  I cant wait....should be years of family fun  :).

Ill post picks when I get a flickr account.  Thanks for all the help.

flag2442

glenn kangiser

benevolance

new mexico desert land and arizona desert land was a famous scam...There is literally no water roads or electricity for much of New Mexico...Especially the flat lands... Without irrigation the land should be about worthless....And there is not really any place to irrigate the water from...If they had any water at all they could grow food out the wazoo in New Mexico and land would be worth a fortune...But the Colorado is already tapped out Ditto for the Rio Grande...

I remember seeing land along interstate 40 advertised in New Mexico advertised for sale about 5 years ago and it was in huge parcels for something hilarious like 10 bucks an acre...Of course it was desert with no power land... Someday it will be worth something to someone...When they invent atmospheric terraformers that can gather moisture from the air for irrigation or whatever... until then pretty much useless