Precious Metals on the Move . . .

Started by bayview, May 12, 2010, 06:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayview

Precious metals (Gold and Silver) are on the move up . . .   Almost 10% in one month . . .

. . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

glenn kangiser

The market is highly manipulated from what Whitlock and I see, but he says that silver is the thing to buy as the cost of the metal is likely to double much faster than gold.  

It's like having many more shares of a cheaper stock so the potential is there to make more than on a few shares of an expensive stock.

We also believe in holding the real metal.  Not paper than can disappear into thin air when you go to cash it in.

I am not an investment  counselor and I don't even have much of a clue.   These are just my observations for your consideration.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Yep...Everyone is running for cover.

I like silver too and I like the real thing.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Phssthpok

Through sheer gut instinct (and a bit of dumb luck) I managed to buy the vast majority of my silver at the most recent bottom back in the fall of '08. I just checked the current spot, and what I have left (after using much of it to buy my 20 ac.) is reflecting a 'gain' of over 75%...my gold is only up about 50%.

Meanwhile my fairly diversified 401(k) is struggling along at a touch over 5% for the same time period. Good thing my former employer refused my request to add a precious metals fund to our list of options. ::)
(actually it IS a good thing because it forced me to 'take a loan' against my balance and put it into physical metal, which in turn allowed me to buy my land for less than 1/3 it's initial asking price! ;))

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Phssthpok

Quote from: peternap on May 12, 2010, 02:35:27 PM
Quote from: Phssthpok on May 12, 2010, 01:41:20 PM
...my gold is only up about 50%.

rofl rofl [rofl2] rofl [rofl2]

Yeah yeah..I know. I coulda done better but I bought my gold on the rise in '07. Had I bought at the same time as my silver, that figure would be closer to 65%.  ::)

OlJarhead

I see gold hit $1246 today and silver is nearing $20!