Liability Insurance On Bare Ground?

Started by rick91351, May 31, 2009, 07:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

I own free and clear a 640 acre ranch up in the mountains of Idaho that I lease out to another rancher.  Nothing in writing, just a hand shake.  It is actually a trade of services for use of the property.  In three years we are planing on selling selling out here in the Boise, Idaho area, building and moving up there.  I and my insurance agent are having a heck of a time finding a broker or underwriter  that will write a liability insurance policy on vacant bare ground.  Does anyone have any ideas of who might write such a policy?  Once I build up there or start construction there is no problem so I have been told.  Then there is someone there to be a caretaker, and to tell others don't do that you will get hurt.

Thanks
Rick  ??? 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

jbos333

My liability ins. on my vacant land is attached to my homeowner policy and umbrella policy. Utility building covered for fire/tree damage only on a seperate policy. They will not cover it for vandalism because no one is there regularly.

rick91351

Thanks jbos 333, I think we tried that with my current homeowner policy as well.  However I will run that by my agent  again this morning.   I do carry an umbrella policy as well.  And I hope to attach that to this policy as well or find a new policy all together.  One thing I do know in this day and age you best have insurance on everything.  Up until a couple years ago we never ever tried to carry anything up there.  Now the times they are a changing.   :-\   

May I ask what your insurance company is?

rlr  ;)

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.