Beginning to look for land in OK

Started by Homegrown_Tomatoes, October 11, 2007, 01:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, we think we've located "the place".  It is 46 minutes drive (and I got behind a few slow folks and a county road grader.)  Anyway, the drive is the one that needs fixed, but we really like the layout of the place and the land.  The house is small, but we think it would be fairly simple to build on a huge sunroom to the front of it to create a little more space....  Also, the next door neighbor is considering selling us ten acres of his pasture that is adjacent to the pasture of the 20 acres we want to buy.  Closing on our WI house is set (again) for tomorrow at noon.  Hopefully it will take place as scheduled; we are so sick of the process.  Anyway, we're praying hard that all will work out!

southernsis

Homegrown, I am praying that everything goes well for you tomorrow and also for the property you maybe purchasing. You may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Real estate buying and selling is a nasty game. Some people like the game, but for myself I don't, even though I am in the game. Good luck tomorrow and keep us informed. ;D
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

glenn kangiser

That's the one with the creek too isn't it, Homey? -- it sounds good.  Hope it works out.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

yes, Glenn, the one with the creek that I sent you an aerial map of.... we got estimates this week for the work to be done on the drive.  They are wildly different, but the one from the company I am most familiar with was $1750 (The other was over $4K???)  Anyway, the estimate was for a day's worth of dozer work, removing the boulders, re-grading the road and changing the slope where needed, and adding two large dump trucks full of gravel.  I think that should do it.  We'll (Lord willing) be making an offer within 1-2 days.  Gonna try to go back over there tomorrow, if possible, before making an offer.  Hey, we might get to move in for Valentine's Day... wouldn't that be sweet?  The kids have been talking about it ever since we went over there last time and they keep referring to is as "our house", like it's already a done deal.  I love the fact that it is at the end of the road, nestled in the woods and still has the open land we want, too.   The wiring in the house is scary, but that we can fix fairly easily... the structure is solid.  I love the cordwood living room and the wood stove.  They did the concrete counter-tops, and they look nice and are virtually indestructible.  It is small, but liveable, and I can see where it would be simple to add a big sunroom to the front (south) of the house, and it would add all the living space we'd need.  DH might find that after we move in that it is already big enough, seeing as how the kids won't be cooped up inside the way they are in the city. 

I'll try to take some pics if we go out tomorrow.  Last time the setting on the camera was messed up and the photos are all a little blurry.  I want to walk around a little more of the property this time, too.  Such a pretty place.

glenn kangiser

I think it sounds great, Homey.  Sounds like your dozer guy knows his stuff.

Looking forward to hearing more on this. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

considerations

Homey, I'd love to see some of your quilts, I'm a quilter as well.

Dog

Wishing you and your family the best for where ever your new home is meant to be. You have a lot going on. Be  [cool] Hang in there....
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Quote from: considerations on January 02, 2009, 09:38:34 AM
Homey, I'd love to see some of your quilts, I'm a quilter as well.
Considerations, there are a few in an album on our website... I am bad about forgetting to upload pics to the site and sometimes even forget to take pics when I finish stuff, which is usually to give away or sell.  The one that is labelled "Annika's quilt" has something like 60 fabrics in it.  There's not a lot there, but a few in the "michelle's projects" album.
http://homegrowntomatoes.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=422260203

Thanks for the kind words, Dog.  :)