would you pay more than it's worth?

Started by Erin, January 22, 2008, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

I'm glad to hear that someone is getting started on stuff.  I am going absolutely stir-crazy being in the city.  What do people DO if they live in town????  It takes all of maybe ten minutes to mow here... you can't even break a sweat in that amount of time!!!  I don't have a garden, so there aren't any weeds to pull.  If we go out the front door, every kid in the neighborhood is over here wanting the kids to play (and always wanting to play at OUR house and then leave without helping pick stuff back up.)  In the backyard, because of the privacy fence, you feel like you're in a little box. 

glenn kangiser

I can't live in the city -- tried it for about 5 years -- that was too much.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Erin

I was wondering how your search was going, HT. 
It's been 12 years since I lived in town, but truth be told, there are days I wish I still did.  Going for walks, for example, was a lot of fun in town because guaranteed I'd see people/things, have errands to run, etc. 

Hang in there, though.  It took us three years to find something, but we eventually did. :)
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

Homegrown Tomatoes

Oh, I've found the place... but just can't seem to get the one in WI sold!

Homegrown Tomatoes

So Erin, I was thinking about y'all since it is starting to cool off and wondering how things are going?  Do you have a post in the owner-builder projects?  If so, I've missed it.

Erin

We have a hole, HT.    d*

Actually, since our basement will be a walk-out, we have half a hole.   ::)
But we just finally got our hole leveled out so the next project will be to form and pour the footers and get going on our foundation walls.   Well, after we get the first priority taken care of, that is.  ;)
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1