20' by 20'  1.5 story

Started by ki4hpz, May 06, 2006, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ki4hpz

I was thinking if I built the 20 by 20 and build in a window AC unit it should cool the house at a fraction of the cost of a HVAC furnace. Where would you build in the widow unit for max air movement?

peg_688

Where would you build in the widow unit for max air movement?

[size=12]

I'd put the poor widow right by a window with a box fan ifin it were me  ;) That aught to cool her down  ;)  No need to build er in,, she'll want to move around some  once she gets over her loss :)

Gees I crack me up sometimes  ;D

[/size]  

Amanda_931

You're evil, PEG.  not to mention setting yourself up for payback.

AC unit locations, IMHO--some of this will be personal preference.

a) not taking up nice daylighting window space.

b) not on the equator side (south in the northern hemisphere).

c) where you can easily locate the 220 outlet--20 x 20 will probably need that voltage.

d) if it was me--I'd also set up a some kind of non-AC ventilation--those whole house fans that exhaust through the ceiling are probably overkill here, but they might work instead of AC, depending on where you are--aunt in urban Detroit used only that for years.  When I've had the big window fans, I've generally set them so that the air intake was in the bedroom.

peg_688

Come on Amanda , you laughed a little didn't ya  ::)

Sassy(Guest)

:-/ That WAS pretty funny, PEG!   ;D

glenn-k

There was such a thing as "The Merry Widow Waltz"  ----perhaps she just collected up on a rather large insurance policy? :-/

Amanda_931

Well, yes, accompanied by an ::) eye roll.

AAA-DAY

PEG688 -  I just had to write and thank you for the best laugh of the day today! I think you are what my mother refers to as "A Character".